New Club Statement - spot on

A quote I just took from a BBC article describing todays win over Falkirk by Kilmarnock.

At the end, a few hundred Killie fans invaded the pitch. One laid a flare on the artificial surface and ran away.

And why wouldn't they invade the pitch? It's simply exuberance and all good fun. Right? What I see happening right now is that pitch invasions if not actually being outright encouraged are being condoned and this is a disaster waiting to happen on many levels. UEFA wont be so accommodating if Hibs fans pull their party trick in a Euro tie and that affects all of our clubs.

A quote I just took from a BBC article describing todays win over Falkirk by Kilmarnock.

And why wouldn't they invade the pitch? It's simply exuberance and all good fun. Right? What I see happening right now is that pitch invasions if not actually being outright encouraged are being condoned and this is a disaster waiting to happen on many levels. UEFA wont be so accommodating if Hibs fans pull their party trick in a Euro tie and that affects all of our clubs.

And on that note check this out:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/de-graafschap-fans-invade-pitch-8026511#P8wt3v0Hs2WQUxy6.97

Fuck me our board do have balls , good on them

And I hope that they will fight every single attempt to blacken our name from now on. A ban on more of the bassas who seem to make a reasonable living out of nothing more than continually criticising Rangers would be a start.

Good on the Rangers board. This is a revelation. We have to stand up for ourselves. The fact there has still been no contact from anyone at Hibs to offer an apology to the Rangers players and staff who were assaulted speaks volumes. A phone call takes how long....?

It would have been better had the Record noted that one set of fans was furious at relegation and the other should have been overjoyed at ending over a century's wait for the national cup. Yet in both cases the emption was towards hatred and violence. With Hibs' fans it was clear that hating Rangers being far more important than the "historic cup win". This is a point no-one in the MSM seems keen to make - quelle surprise.

I somewhat doubt the Dutch authorities will adopt the same view their counterparts in Scotland appear to and in the Dutch case you have an example of what's absolutely certain to happen while this behavior is condoned. As we already know Rangers players and staff were assaulted yesterday and in that article from the Dutch example we have this.

De Graafschap were relegated from the Eredivise after a 5-2 aggregate defeat against Go Ahead Eagles, leaving fans angry as they entered the field of play to attack the opposition players with one Go Ahead player retaliating and throwing punches at the De Graafschap supporters.

No one sees this will be the common outcome of such "exuberance"? Must we wait till some crazies take to the field carrying knives and a player is stabbed before it's not fun anymore? What's going to happen if say the Hibs fans decided to take their exuberance on to the field at Easter road after a Euro tie and foreign opposition is assaulted and spat on. Or if they decide to do it in an away tie because hey it's all fun right? UEFA will put that down to exuberance and laugh it off? Again, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

English's twitter complaint reported here but he's made to look a complete prat given the photos.

Just look at the one at the foot of this page, surely an arrest has to follow

Our board should seek an immediate meeting with both the SFA and hibz to discuss yesterday which could easily have resulted in fatalities due to the sheer numbers who entered the pitch from the hibz end

They need to ascertain from the SFA when the investigation is to proceed and what course it will take. We also need to know when it is likely to conclude and doesnt end up like the Motherwell one from last year. And when actions will be known so as to prevent a similar occurence in future

They also need to ask hibz how so much pondlife managed to get tickets for their end of the ground. It should be made clear to hibz that until they can be seen to have taken steps to eradicate this pondlife from their support they will not receive any future allocation for ibrox & we will not be taking any allocation for any away games at their ground.