Ban from the Scottish cup

Hopefully after Saturday people will realise that what we witnessed was a millions times worse than any words sung in a song at a football match.

The sheer numbers who came onto the pitchfrom the hibz end intent on causing violence could easily have led to much more than the assaults which took place.We could have been looking at very serious injuries indeed.

Banning hibz from the SC next season would be a start but I'd go further and take away theirEL place & prize money too

Edited by RANGERRAB

Hopefully after Saturday people will realise that what we witnessed was a millions times worse than any words sung in a song at a football match.

The sheer numbers who came onto the pitchfrom the hibz end intent on causing violence could easily have led to much more than the assaults which took place.We could have been looking at very serious injuries indeed.

Banning hibz from the SC next season would be a start but I'd go further and take away theirEL place & prize money too

Good luck Rab. Spiers already calling both situations "deplorable", effectively equating words in a song to player assaults.

Our media are fucking awful !

Good luck Rab. Spiers already calling both situations "deplorable", effectively equating words in a song to player assaults.

Our media are fucking awful !

So he would feel no different if I called him, well I dunno but called him whatever. than he would if I punched him in the face? Words and actions are no different in his view. Right? And that's rational? So following that logic too if I were taken to court for calling him say a fenian the law woulkd think that's an equivalent crime to punching him in the face and breaking his jaw?

I must be an idiot. They can call me whatever they like and I will take that over the punch any time because I have actually had a broken jaw resulting from a football connected incident. Teeth wired up for 3 weeks sucking nutrition through a straw along with massive dental damage it took surgery to repair. Yeah that equated to name calling.

Edited by JFK-1

Funny, infinitely greater punishment than I would expect to be dished out.

I do hope that the two scholars mentioned wouldn't just make that up to get the dim witted to phone in or listen . . .

Likewise. My initial thought was they'd be fined for the damages and given some sort of weak suspended punishment. The SFA aren't exactly known for showing leadership and authority - you know, the things that they actually exist for... We'll be given a fine too for the small part our fans played in it - there's little doubt about that in my mind.

Hearing on another forum the electronic advertising boards have been severely damaged, £600k for replacements? That and the other damages to the turf, goals is starting to mount up for Hivs.

The fine they hit Rangers with will pay for that!

Maybe we should pull a Timmy and take out full page adverts demanding justice for the Rangers players and their safety - ala Celtic fans and their Res 12 nonsense.

Sorry for your players being hassled. I believe Lee Wallace had a swing at him, which is terrible, and some verbally abused and pushed. Not good.

There is 'limited liability' for clubs in Scotland; teams cannot be held responsible for their fans' behaviour. I would expect fines along the lines of the last Hampden riot, although I fail to see any culpability on Hibernian FC's part. or indeed, Rangers FC part.

It's a purely criminal matter which has no sporting sanctions attached. If there wasn't limited liability, and we are truthful, then the old firm would be docked 25 points a season and be playing in front of closed stadiums.

The whole idea of bans etc is frankly preposterous and will melt away in the coming weeks.

The fault lies with the security of the event. We know football fans can behave like maniacs. This is why we pay so heavily for security. It was a security failure first and foremost. A SFA failure. They can't organize a cup draw. They can't organize a final.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in the spfl next season.

Edited by neutralscot