Ban from the Scottish cup

Just to be clearer, I meant it was a fact that someone had a swing at Wallace. It's a criminal matter now, I just find it impossible to see any sporting sanction of a club in Scotland, for the behaviour of their fans as long as there is limited liability.

I am guilty of hyperbole (perhaps) by saying 25pts and a closed stadium, but take celtic for example: multiple flare incidents, songs glorifying the pira on a regular basis. What do you consider appropriate sanctions? Why isn't it happening?

Think of the incredible scottish talent for whataboutery. It would be a cluster if we reverted to strict liability.

Craig, I only post these daft wee things to give youse something to moan at. Especially you! Stubbs defo has something. though. (I'll line them up...)

That's a much more reasonable post neutralscot.

Strict liability wont happen because if it did there would, quite simply, be no game left in Scotland.

Not sure how you could possibly have confused "Wallace swung at a fan" with "Fan had a swing at Wallace" - that looks very disingenuous to me.

You may be right about sporting sanctions - but UEFA set a precedent long ago by banning RFC from Europe for the CWC pitch invasion and subsequent attck on our fans by Fascist Franco troops.

The SFA have the power to send a real message here. It will be an absolute abomination if this goes without punishment to HIbs whilst oldco RFC had to relinquish prize monies to obtain a license due to the actions of an alleged criminal. It is abhorrent - but only in compliant Scotland will Rangers be demonized at will whilst the facts show otherwise.

I didn't mind your previous nonsense about training facilities etc - simply because it was nonsense as I actually PROVED to you as my father in law consulted Hibs on their training pitches and concluded they were shite - and he is one of the best groundsmen in the country.....

However, I will ALWAYS defend the truth in the face of lies - even if those lies are being peddled by my own. The fact you suggested Wallace struck out raised my ire immediately. The fact you didn't make mention of the multiple other assaults is disappointing.

However, the above post is a little more conciliatory - sadly, many of your fellow Hibs fans have burned that bridge for at least a generation if not more.

I am guilty of hyperbole (perhaps) by saying 25pts and a closed stadium, but take celtic for example: multiple flare incidents, songs glorifying the pira on a regular basis.

You come on here and try to justify your poor comments with this???

If it was up to me................

Sorry for your players being hassled. I believe Lee Wallace had a swing at him, which is terrible, and some verbally abused and pushed. Not good.

There is 'limited liability' for clubs in Scotland; teams cannot be held responsible for their fans' behaviour. I would expect fines along the lines of the last Hampden riot, although I fail to see any culpability on Hibernian FC's part. or indeed, Rangers FC part.

It's a purely criminal matter which has no sporting sanctions attached. If there wasn't limited liability, and we are truthful, then the old firm would be docked 25 points a season and be playing in front of closed stadiums.

The whole idea of bans etc is frankly preposterous and will melt away in the coming weeks.

The fault lies with the security of the event. We know football fans can behave like maniacs. This is why we pay so heavily for security. It was a security failure first and foremost. A SFA failure. They can't organize a cup draw. They can't organize a final.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in the spfl next season.

You live in denial all you want - it seems to be hibs official line "it didnae happen"

Your fans assaulted every player and members of management - can you jog my memory on the last Rangers supporter to assault another team's player?

Rangers were banned from Europe for defending themselves against Franco's fascist police while on the pitch celebrating in Europe - so there is precedent

Lastly your fans have had a history of violence at and around football stadiums for decades - they are proud of it and revel in it.

Well done the hibs team for the on field winning of the scottish cup and after so many centuries of wait it must have been terrible pressure.

It has also been stated on social media it was planned well in advance which means it was premeditated and not over exuberance. Your own supporters are seemingly saying a pitch invasion was planned no matter who won the cup.

That's a much more reasonable post neutralscot.

Strict liability wont happen because if it did there would, quite simply, be no game left in Scotland.

Not sure how you could possibly have confused "Wallace swung at a fan" with "Fan had a swing at Wallace" - that looks very disingenuous to me.

You may be right about sporting sanctions - but UEFA set a precedent long ago by banning RFC from Europe for the CWC pitch invasion and subsequent attck on our fans by Fascist Franco troops.

The SFA have the power to send a real message here. It will be an absolute abomination if this goes without punishment to HIbs whilst oldco RFC had to relinquish prize monies to obtain a license due to the actions of an alleged criminal. It is abhorrent - but only in compliant Scotland will Rangers be demonized at will whilst the facts show otherwise.

I didn't mind your previous nonsense about training facilities etc - simply because it was nonsense as I actually PROVED to you as my father in law consulted Hibs on their training pitches and concluded they were shite - and he is one of the best groundsmen in the country.....

However, I will ALWAYS defend the truth in the face of lies - even if those lies are being peddled by my own. The fact you suggested Wallace struck out raised my ire immediately. The fact you didn't make mention of the multiple other assaults is disappointing.

However, the above post is a little more conciliatory - sadly, many of your fellow Hibs fans have burned that bridge for at least a generation if not more.

I'm sure that Neutralscot can stand up for himself, but I interpreted his original post about Wallace as a typo (ie "Wallace had a swing [aimed] at him"). Made a lot more sense than the literal text.

As for strict liability - while I agree clubs would never vote for it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Scottish Gov demanded its introduction, with the threat of even more draconian criminal sanctions if they are ignored.

I'm sure that Neutralscot can stand up for himself, but I interpreted his original post about Wallace as a typo (ie "Wallace had a swing [aimed] at him"). Made a lot more sense than the literal text.

As for strict liability - while I agree clubs would never vote for it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Scottish Gov demanded its introduction, with the threat of even more draconian criminal sanctions if they are ignored.

The current trend seems to be a general increase in 'trouble' or anti-social behaviour at the football (I'd class trouble as violence and A-SB as other) and it wouldn't surprise me greatly if as you say the Scottish Government discussed/try to implement more ineffective legislation that would actually make matters worse.

What should be pushed for within or at the edges of the independent commission is getting rid of the current unworkable legislation that has the Polis more interested in song lyrics and videos. Disband the 'Thought Police' Dept., get rid of the police spindoctors, do your job and take responsibility where necessary instead of making up excuses.

I always had the impression that Hibs were about the worst in Scotland for the violence of their "casuals" - The Capital City Service (CCS). Surely strict liability would affect them more than anyone?