The other side of the coin

i like reading big fat eck's column (someone persuade him to transfer his blog to gersnet!). he's got a generally different opinion on last night - some comments:

Klos saved us? Well, he�s fucking meant to - he was our goalie. Osasuna missed some sitters? Well, that�s because they CAN�T FINISH - another basic of the game. We played shite and still drew - Osasuna were amazing but could only draw: Who�s the better team? A lot of what we�re now seeing in the Scottish media aboutt his game, as well as the reason behind the booing at half-time and the general sense of disgust from half the support, is atittudinal - it�s the Scottish love of moaning over concentrating.

If Rangers had played Osasuna off the pitch tonight, scored early on and then lost a late equaliser, we�d all be raging. We�d all be cursing our poor finishing, slating the defence for gifting them that ONE chance from which the opposition snatched the leveller - we�d all be wondering mournfully at our side�s inability to maintain concentration til the final whistle. Well, Osasuna fucked up in all these ways.

Frankly, I�m seriosuly proud of The Teds for sticking in there tonight. When Brahim was given that ball some twenty yards from goal, he curled it in as if we�d been enjoying shooting practice all night. Such composure in such desperate circumstances is the kind of thread you want running through yer team when it gets to this stage of European competition.

All this ââ?¬Å?luckââ?¬Â pish and ââ?¬Å?deserveââ?¬Â SHITE just doesnââ?¬â?¢t come into it in European Football. In ANY football as far as Iââ?¬â?¢m concerned. Youââ?¬â?¢ get the result or you donââ?¬â?¢t.

we were damn well TRYING to dig ourselves out of a hole which, in the frst half, seemed like the Grand Fucking Canyon. Instead of doing that typically Scottish thing - that typically Rangers thing, Iââ?¬â?¢m afraid to say - of deciding ââ?¬Å?This just isnae our night - we donââ?¬â?¢t DESERVE to win thisââ?¬Â - Weââ?¬â?¢ve just KEPT FUCKING GOING!

Rangers, hopefully, will go on to give Osasuna a lesson about the harsh realities of real, grown-up footballing life. For once, next week, I want US to be the ones saying ââ?¬Å?Oh yes we were very, very lucky thereââ?¬Â. Coz you tend to find that all the great teams and great players claim they always needed a bit of luck to win something.

If we go through to the quarters now it�ll be a serious turnup for the books but, if ye want to make a European final, you have to do a bit of � erm, ye know � bookish upturning. There are very few teams ever to reach a European final who haven�t looked out of it at some stage - who haven�t had a poor performance or result along the way.

the whole article is good, aparts from just these snippets, you can read it here:

http://rangers.openfootball.co.uk/index.php/2007/03/09/god-save-brahim-gers-1-osasuna-1/

what do you think, is there a silver lining?

(p.s i promise no more topics starting with 'the')

Agreed, we were absolute pish last night, but we got an equaliser that gives us another chance, true Osasuna should've won 4-1, but they didn't and surely we can't play as bad as that again, we have a chance to correct this shit performance and progress, 1-0 will do, NO SURRENDER

Agreed, we were absolute pish last night, but we got an equaliser that gives us another chance, true Osasuna should've won 4-1, but they didn't and surely we can't play as bad as that again, we have a chance to correct this shit performance and progress, 1-0 will do, NO SURRENDER

I don't carry the same faith as you bud. Under WS in europe we'll maybe play 1 good game in 4. :sigh:

I don't carry the same faith as you bud. Under WS in europe we'll maybe play 1 good game in 4. :sigh:

Well, the bottom line is, we were shit and should've been thumped, we weren't, i'm not confidant but the fact is we have another chance and if we can raise our performance then i don't fear them, they had chances but maybe that was because we were that bad, we've still got a 50-50 chance IMO :thup:

Read a few of these from links on Newsnow, always a great read.

I'll be optomistic until we are out/if we go out. I liked the bit about every winning team carries a little bit of luck. Why not us for a change

I see what the guy is saying and he makes some good points, but it doesnt take away the fact our team were rank and some of our players are rank

and that wasnt osasuna's first 11 either which our players made look a lot better than they are.:(