Rangers invite suggestions for the renaming of Auchenhowie

Nah he would want paid for that.

I remember Dick was interviewed about it. He said Murray put up £7 million and gave him the choice of a new player but Dick turned it down and insisted the money be spent on the training facility. That was far from a selfish act

Also in favour of including the Gallant Pioneers in some way. Tom Vallance played at Flesher Haugh, captained the club and went on to be club president. Was still attending games in the 1930's.

I remember Dick was interviewed about it. He said Murray put up £7 million and gave him the choice of a new player but Dick turned it down and insisted the money be spent on the training facility. That was far from a selfish act

The guy is a money wolf. Always has been always will be.

Pioneer Park?

Doesn't quite have a good ring to it BD ........... like "bells whiskey" :-)

Sorry I'll get my coat. Pretty sure that was from the Follow Follow Play that Jonathan Watson did on stage. Which I have on VHS somewhere ........

I would keep Murray park.

Why try to change the past. Keep it as a reminder.

Can't agree with that, GS !

Sir Duped has got away with too much and even if it isn't material, the name change would 'hurt' him.....aswell as better representing the vast majority of fans opinions/attitudes around the issue.

Can't agree with that, GS !

Sir Duped has got away with too much and even if it isn't material, the name change would 'hurt' him.....aswell as better representing the vast majority of fans opinions/attitudes around the issue.

I can understand that point of view.