Rangers Sign Niko Kranjcar

Unlike some who wanted to see large sums of money being spent i'm happy with the way business has been conducted for such a small outlay. Given that the bookies when we clinched promotion had us at odds of 8/1 for the league which has now fallen to 3/1 it would appear that they and I feel this team can mount a credible challenge.

And another reason i'm happy with it is that if there is any money in the kitty I prefer to see how things work out with this team the rest of this year then have something in reserve for the January window when we will have a better idea of how the land lies so to speak. The manager hasn't let us down yet and I trust his judgement on this.

I don't want us to be spending any money we can't afford but we're going to be have to start spending some cash if we want to become a half decent European side.

I don't want us to be spending any money we can't afford but we're going to be have to start spending some cash if we want to become a half decent European side.

If you were sat in the Rangers boardroom from any time since the criminal paperwork was issued, to say nothing about the civil case chancers at Worthington, etc then you would know that only a fool would throw tens of millions at Rangers right now.

I took some stick a couple of weeks ago but stand by what I said - top six. When the criminal stuff has ended and those responsible are behind bars, and clarity shows who actually owns the company called Rangers, we can maybe look towards a Rangers minded person throwing some serious cash at improving us.

To sum up - if I had money I would not be looking at signing top margque players.

Edited by boabie

Not really. We should be in Europe the season after next and it takes time to build a team capable of competing in it.

Our priority right now is the league. If all is looking good by the end of the year and Euro participation looking likely then would be a better time to spend anything that may be in the kitty in preparation for Europe. It also gives us time to see how the team works as a unit and then be better able to decide what to spend and where.

If you were sat in the Rangers boardroom from any time since the criminal paperwork was issued, to say nothing about the civil case chancers at Worthington, etc then you would know that only a fool would throw tens of millions at Rangers right now.

I took some stick a couple of weeks ago but stand by what I said - top six. When the criminal stuff has ended and those responsible are behind bars, and clarity shows who actually owns the company called Rangers, we can maybe look towards a Rangers minded person throwing some serious cash at improving us.

To sum up - if I had money I would not be looking at signing top margque players.

"Top six" - stop talking absolute nonsense.

Also I suggest you read Dave Kings response in regards to the ongoing legal battles.

Also I suggest you read Dave Kings response in regards to the ongoing legal battles.

Strongly agree, let's take a look at last seasons top 6 as a comparison.

1 Celtic

2 Aberdeen

3 Heart of Midlothian

4 St Johnstone

5 Motherwell

6 Ross County

This squad the manager is constructing is capable of no more than edging out Ross County? I think not.

As to our final position next season, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Regarding King - I believe what he said about the ownership being safe. But we've yet to see the colour of his money. So thanks, but I'll stand by what I said about piles of cash being thrown at the club.