Bawbag escapes jail sentence.

" A Hibs fan has been sentenced to 240 hours of unpaid work after admitting his part in a pitch invasion at the Scottish Cup final.

Greg Binnie, 19, earlier pleaded guilty to running at and making offensive gestures towards Rangers' goalkeeper Wes Foderingham after climbing over fencing at Hampden Park on 21 May.

Binnie must also stay in his home between 20:00 and 06:00 for two months.

The teenager, from Ratho in Edinburgh, was sentenced at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

He was charged under the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act and accused of being engaged in behaviour which was likely to incite trouble.

'Boyhood stupidity'

Hibernian FC have issued Binnie with an indefinite ban from watching the team playing or buying any tickets for home or away games.

The court heard Binnie climbed over fencing and entered the field of play immediately after the end of the match between Rangers and Hibs, which the Edinburgh side won 3-2 after a last minute goal.

Binnie, a former SFA intern, was working as a squash coach at George Watson's college in Edinburgh but has since lost his job. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36607936

Scandalous when you see others being jailed for less.

Scandalous when you see others being jailed for less.

Agreed. Disgraceful.

A Rangers fan who was arrested for sectarian singing while on his way to attend a game against Celtic has been jailed for four months.

Scott Lamont, from Glasgow, was heard singing the words of the Billy Boys song on Cathcart Road on 1 February.

The 24-year-old admitted the charge at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

He was also given an 18-month football banning order and told his behaviour would not be tolerated.

Sheriff Paul Crozier told Lamont's lawyer, Joanne Gray: "Glasgow has developed a good reputation in recent years.

"We had the Commonwealth Games last summer, we haven't had an Old Firm game in years.

"What happened at the first Old Firm game? People like him let Glasgow down."

'Ruin football'

The sheriff described the words to the song as "inflammatory" an said it "could have led to horrendous violence".

He told Lamont: "Your conduct on 1 February was the sort of conduct that the authorities had asked football loving fans to refrain from.

"A message has to be sent to those people who would choose to ruin football for the vast majority who want to go to these games, that you cannot behave like this.

"This sort of behaviour will not be tolerated, certainly not by me."

He's been banned by the club, convicted and lost a prestigious job. I would have thought that a pretty tough punishment for a moment's stupidity till I read about a guy jailed for 4 months for singing a song. Caused a riot, my foot!

I'd agree that sentence is sufficient for the Hibbee. One daft act and he has a permanent stain on his character. As for the Rangers fan if that is all he did then I could be facing a life sentence for all the daft behaviour I have engaged in :sigh:

I'd agree that sentence is sufficient for the Hibbee. One daft act and he has a permanent stain on his character. As for the Rangers fan if that is all he did then I could be facing a life sentence for all the daft behaviour I have engaged in :sigh:

All fair and well until you remember the tosspots interviews in the media where he told a load of lies and received a couple of days coverage where he was seen as some sort of victim. The guy is plainly a liar and deserves no sympathy whatsoever.