British Teams in Europe 16/17

If the co-efficient drops then we are not good enough simple as that. Nothing wrong in hoping every other club in Scotland gets humped out early, it's up to them to do what they've managed to do this week and continue progressing.

Hope Them, Hibz, Hertz and the Sheep get knocked out in the next ties.:drum:

Yep, we have to stop this cheering every time our rivals lose. Every team they lose to diminishes our status too; if the co-efficient is damaged we only end up with harder draws. Our league reflects on us, think about it.

It may be self-harming - but if you expect me to hope any Scottish team does well in Europe aside from us after the way Scottish football has treated us for 4 years then you will have a very long wait Alex.

Co-efficient points or not..... they tried to kill us and I will never forgive or forget that - so the fewer games they have in Europe (less money), and the more embarrassments they have, the longer I will remain happy.

It may be self-harming - but if you expect me to hope any Scottish team does well in Europe aside from us after the way Scottish football has treated us for 4 years then you will have a very long wait Alex.

Co-efficient points or not..... they tried to kill us and I will never forgive or forget that - so the fewer games they have in Europe (less money), and the more embarrassments they have, the longer I will remain happy.

And we end up playing against pub team opposition. How can that be good for us? What you really want is for us to get out of Scotland and in to a stronger league. And that is still some way off. What i want is for RFC to be tested against the strongest possible opposition. I remember when Aberdeen were beating Real and Bayern; how good it felt to be beating a team that had accomplished that.

Edited by alexscottislegend

And we end up playing against pub team opposition. How can that be good for us? What you really want is for us to get out of Scotland and in to a stronger league. And that is still some way off. What i want is for RFC to be tested against the strongest possible opposition. I remember when Aberdeen were beating Real and Bayern; how good it felt to be beating a team that had accomplished that.

Was that before or after they voted to kill Rangers?

You know darned well it was before; but my point remains - how does a really weak Scottish League help sharpen our competitive instinct.? Regardless, regardless, of how they treated us?

The SPFL won't help us very much in developing our competitive instinct.

We shall have to provide our own motivation - title #55 - and secure it through preparation and superior execution (after all, MW says it is all about what Rangers do).

Only after we have achieved the first stage, shall we reach the objective of truly competitive football - the CL group stages

And we end up playing against pub team opposition. How can that be good for us?

If we make the CL qualifiers for the 2017-18 campaign we'll only have a couple of pub teams to play before we get to play the big boys.

It will have nothing to do with how the rest of the teams in Scotland perform from now til then.