Rangers fans' group in crisis as three chiefs quit in row over management

As a technical minded person, I fail to see why this hasn't been easily resolved.

Firstly, anyone with the correct knowledge could easily prove one way or another who's right or wrong here.

Not only would the original headers of the email contain information that can be tied in with server logs , mail server logs and or original email headers would prove both ways who's right and who's wrong.

I would point out screenshots of text means jack, and for what it's worth you can easily spoof an email address without hacking someone's server, however you cannot spoof the correct server IP within the email header.

Simples...

Just wasted about an hour of my life i'll never get back reading this thread, and would have closed it had Frankie not just replied before me.

So, i'll leave it with the offer of my services to both Mr Gates, and Club 1872 to get in touch if they would like an independent technical person to overview the emails and/or server logs.

As a technical minded person, I fail to see why this hasn't been easily resolved.

Firstly, anyone with the correct knowledge could easily prove one way or another who's right or wrong here.

Not only would the original headers of the email contain information that can be tied in with server logs , mail server logs and or original email headers would prove both ways who's right and who's wrong.

I would point out screenshots of text means jack, and for what it's worth you can easily spoof an email address without hacking someone's server, however you cannot spoof the correct server IP within the email header.

Simples...

Just wasted about an hour of my life i'll never get back reading this thread, and would have closed it had Frankie not just replied before me.

So, i'll leave it with the offer of my services to both Mr Gates, and Club 1872 to get in touch if they would like an independent technical person to overview the emails and/or server logs.

Sounds like a way to sort this mate. Either way it's better to have this resolved

Simples...

If you can let me know how to do this blueflag I can do this tomorrow when I am back at work.

Simples...

Excellent. I'm glad this will be resolved, especially as it's being done by someone respected from this forum. I've been trying to find a way to do this completely independently, as I'm not comfortable with the verification coming from me or any staff on RM. It would be too easy for people to dismiss it purely based on where it came from. (Apologies for the mention of another forum, but the intentions are honourable.)

Edited by bluepeter

Thanks. I will drop you a little PM this afternoon Blue gates. Just a little busy at work just now. More than happy to help

How does it work? I think 1872 have a forwarded version of the email would that suffice?

How does it work? I think 1872 have a forwarded version of the email would that suffice?

It's better I have a direct copy from the original receiver, we can make sure the email is forwarded including full header details.

after multiple forwards, especially if done using a mobile, you tend to loose the original email headers, which has the code we want to examine.

That will verify any emails received, and whether it has came from a valid sender.

There are further steps we can take if that isn't conclusive which I will discuss with the relevant people in PM

It's better I have a direct copy from the original receiver, we can make sure the email is forwarded including full header details.

after multiple forwards, especially if done using a mobile, you tend to loose the original email headers, which has the code we want to examine.

That will verify any emails received, and whether it has came from a valid sender.

There are further steps we can take if that isn't conclusive which I will discuss with the relevant people in PM

I dont understand this,I know this though------its gone too far imo.

Ill be glad when its all over.PM the lot please.

Couldn't agree more limeburner. This thread has gone way to far. It's the kind of debate I have been led to believe is not constructive on here. We are at the beginning of a new season, and we are talking/bickering about this?

Edited by cooponthewing