Rangers fans' group in crisis as three chiefs quit in row over management

Of course you are :angel:

Seriously if that's aimed in any way at me then your a million miles out as you obviously don't know me apart from posting on here

I have no doubts about what CH has done in the past.

But considering the past few days and the continual cry for 'unity' - that was not an attempt to unite.

Anyway, if you don't like a person's opinion then that's your problem

As an outsider who is always looking for unity what always amazes me is how those with most to gain or lose always appear in a once in a blue moon moment rather than in any general discussion in any average day.

CH was a brave man who put his head above the parapet and did a great deal of good in the interests of Rangers during challenging times and in a sometimes dangerous enviroment.

Despite this, there were those who saw him and others beside him as a negative force who were doing our club damage and only thinking about self-interest. Most of those people have never changed their views and not only take every opportunity to throw abuse and slander his way but some seem to co-ordinate campaigns to discredit him (also applies to other selected individuals).

Two or three days ago I saw an anonymous blog spring up from no-where and make serious unsubstantiated allegations against some of these individuals. The timing is no accident. This is a co-ordinated campaign and at the root of it is an unhealthy ongoing hatred.

Yes, there will be teething problems with the new fans group and there may well be issues that need resolved but there is also something very unpleasent that is riding the wave.

I personally have no axe to grind against Craig Houston and agree about him sticking his head above the parapet... However, nobody is above criticism and the post he made did indeed come across, to me at least, as a "you don't like it, take some money from me and piss off". Not the right attitude to have when seeking fans unity.

I personally have no axe to grind against Craig Houston and agree about him sticking his head above the parapet... However, nobody is above criticism and the post he made did indeed come across, to me at least, as a "you don't like it, take some money from me and piss off". Not the right attitude to have when seeking fans unity.

For me there are two different issues here that merge.

1. You have any legitimate questions/concerns for the fans groups, any teething problems for club1872, RF internal matters............. which have to be resolved between members/group.

2. You have a co-ordinated campaign against certain individuals that coincides/compliments what appears to be a co-ordinated move to destabilize the ongoing process regards club1872.

3. Two is riding on the coat-tails of One.

With regard to 'style', CH isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Like most of us he is an imperfect person. He tends to call a spade a spade, on occasion he's taken legal risk's and spoken out about what's been going-on amongst sp1vs, he swears at sp1vs coming out of court, he's emotions are invested in what became a struggle for survival at Rangers, in those dark days he invested more than most in terms of time and sacrifice.

However even during those dark days there were a small section of our support were angrily and at times abusivly opposed to his efforts. They tended to be of a certain political persuasion when viewing Rangers politics and very generally were against DK, PM, RST, UoF and for those who stood against them. Fine, everyone is free to hold their own opinion and in the rough and tumble of social

media this can get abusive, not nice but it's going to happen.

So, CH and others like him have to develop a thick skin, it comes with the territory.

However, when this develops into a co-orinated camapiagn that includes anonymous blogs accusing you of all sorts popping up at the sametime that a general push seems to be being made by those who want to destabilize fans groups (that isn't to say there aren't issues to reslove and questions that to answer/ there seems to be quite a lot to sort out). It must get to a point where taking a pop at those who have been opposed to you from the get go is like having a go at Celtic supporters.

So, CH may not have been best advised to say what he did but you have to take into account what else is happening in the background, ie. the CH reaction is an angry retort and not his finest moment but the campaign that is looking to press buttons and take advanatge is underhand and dishonest.

Edited by buster.

Sorry buster , I am at a complete loss as to what your posting about regards CH or DK et all and what this has to do with the demise of RF by a club led scheme .

I have been consistent from day one on this and have asked repeatedly for time to be taken to avoid exactly the shambles we are seeing now , also it's not a small amount of anonymous posters , there are many fans who attended the open meeting who voiced the same concerns , only to be shouted down and told we were " anti " Rangers , utter pish , this could have been fantastic for our club , now I fear it's doomed before it's even gotten off the ground

Sorry buster , I am at a complete loss as to what your posting about regards CH or DK et all and what this has to do with the demise of RF by a club led scheme .

I have been consistent from day one on this and have asked repeatedly for time to be taken to avoid exactly the shambles we are seeing now , also it's not a small amount of anonymous posters , there are many fans who attended the open meeting who voiced the same concerns , only to be shouted down and told we were " anti " Rangers , utter pish , this could have been fantastic for our club , now I fear it's doomed before it's even gotten off the ground

I've tried to explain that there are various things going-on.

The GOOD (the general direction and ecventual destination)

Slow progress towards a more unified and powerful fans group

The BAD (or current negative that shouldn't be ignored and needs sorting out)

That there are teething problems and valid concerns (eg.perception of COI)

The UGLY

Certain people and co-ordinated campaigns that look to 'ride the wave' of the legitimate concerns/questions ....to destabilize/destroy plans and discredit individuals.

Edited by buster.

The fact that there are campaigns going on doesn't affect the serious issues that appear to exist, and should be looked at separately. Brining them into the discussion only muddies the water.

As for the CH offer, It's £15/month for annual membership to C1872 and he wants to buy a lifetime membership for £100? Great deal if he can get it, and one that's not available to Joe Bloggs, but I guess it's not allowed under the rules of any of the organisations, as they wouldn't be transferable.

If he is going to react like that, is he really the best person to have as spokeman?

Elections should be held ASAP.

The fact that there are campaigns going on doesn't affect the serious issues that appear to exist, and should be looked at separately. Brining them into the discussion only muddies the water.

As for the CH offer, It's £15/month for annual membership to C1872 and he wants to buy a lifetime membership for £100? Great deal if he can get it, and one that's not available to Joe Bloggs, but I guess it's not allowed under the rules of any of the organisations, as they wouldn't be transferable.

If he is going to react like that, is he really the best person to have as spokeman?

Elections should be held ASAP.

If the debate sticks to the actual issues and questions in a sensible and constructive manner that looks for solutions then fine, forget the co-ordinated campaign that seeks to destabilize /destroy /discredit.

When the latter starts to infiltrate, it's only fair and right to point to it.

Regards individuals, that will sort itself out but I'd obviously agree that better sooner rather than later.

Buster nearly every issue we highlighted at the start of this has come to fruition , that's why I'm so bloody annoyed/ frustrated , I don't want this to fail but they are continually making the same mistakes as before , mainly due to arrogance and the only victim will be Club1872 , as RF has already been killed off .

Buster nearly every issue we highlighted at the start of this has come to fruition , that's why I'm so bloody annoyed/ frustrated , I don't want this to fail but they are continually making the same mistakes as before , mainly due to arrogance and the only victim will be Club1872 , as RF has already been killed off .

There needs to be dialogue and communication between group(s)/members, rather than hysteria.