Have the Board backed the manager as Promised?

They clearly have backed the manager. I presume when the accounts are released they will show another loss. Yet we are out signing Barton and Kranjcar both of whom I would guess will be on around 40k a week between them.

Personally I don't think they will be on that much. I don't think we would have broken the wage structure to that degree, not given MW's thoughts on this previously.

At least in Barton's case we know that he has a "different" mentality in that he recognizes he is more than comfortable for life and for him it is, at this stage of his career, about challenges - sure, he will want a decent wedge, but I don't think as high as you suggest.

They clearly have backed the manager. I presume when the accounts are released they will show another loss. Yet we are out signing Barton and Kranjcar both of whom I would guess will be on around 40k a week between them.

Not a hope in hell either player will be on anything like those wages

Personally I don't think they will be on that much. I don't think we would have broken the wage structure to that degree, not given MW's thoughts on this previously.

At least in Barton's case we know that he has a "different" mentality in that he recognizes he is more than comfortable for life and for him it is, at this stage of his career, about challenges - sure, he will want a decent wedge, but I don't think as high as you suggest.

I would be surprised if Joey is on much more than 15K a week tops. It's not EPL wages but it's obvious as you said that he has decided that he already has more money than he will ever need and let's face it. Even for someone who has more money than they will ever need 15K a week is STILL a tidy chunk to be taking home to add to the pile.

It's all about creating memories for Joey now. Another season fighting to avoid relegation in the EPL isn't a memory he wanted, he already has that one tucked away. This one is different and far more stimulating for him and also gives him the chance of playing in front of 50K crowds? I can understand why he went for it.

A few people have told me Barton is on 25k week. Obviously hearsay. But that sounds plausible to me.[/quote

Who knows , would be amazed if true

£2M over 2 years for Barton is what I heard. So £20k a week.

When people talk about transfer fees, they tend to do so in isolation and don't always consider 'total cost' as per contract.

(It's easier to go with the transfer fee because it is often in big bold capitals when the contract is usuually kept private)

So Barton may have been signed on freedom of contract with no money going to Burnley but there will be a considerable amount of money going towards a signing-on fee and ongoing wages to consider.

ie. a large part of what may have been considered a budget for new players is going to the player rather than another club.

spending big, does not guarantee a successful player.

Whether MW has been supported by the board will be determined by the players being brought in (or not). If the board bring in the majority of players that MW has requested, then Yes he has been supported.

There are several reasons why targets may not be brought in....most obvious being cash. The board have to place value on a potential player - money & input/effect. if the monetary value out weighs the potential input from the player then the deal will fall through - remember, players/agents can be greedy b$%^$ds at times. This doesn't mean to say that there is a lack of cash available, but simply the player wasn't worth what they were asking.

I would imagine if a players asking fee was outwith the budget, then no further action will be taken by the board, and the manager informed accordingly.