Watch Battery v Rangers Live

Well, a smart phone let's you know when the battery runs out and if you are lucky, it even has a voice to tell you :D

Ah I see...mine's just goes 'bleep' and dies, sometimes I don't hear the bleep and I'm unaware until I want to make a call.

It cost me a tenner off eBay because my last phone was a real pain, turned out the one I bought was older than the one I replaced :) so I bought a battery for it (eBay) and later found out the old battery lasted longer than the 'new' one.

Must get myself one of these smartphone things and get better updates than ians stuff on here. :D

Edited by Bearman

WHen "RTV" hit the internet, they had a live "radio" commentary option. You essentially listened to the TV commentators back then doing the commentary, later on it was Tom Miller and Co.. You could watch highlights et al later. For many that was enough, not least since it was not common to watch Rangers games live through the web. They continued that service for quite a while, Helicopter Sunday was in there too. £34 per season. Then they stopped this entirely and the "only" LIVE oversea's option became US $300. Can't tell what the "all inclusive" package did cost back then, if it was available. Sure, the jump in quality, radio to TV, is nice, and things have evolved. But one still would like more options than the "all inclusive TV" and nothing else package. That, BTW, is no demand, just a reason I heard from many an oversea's Bear over here why they don't subscribe or haven't subscribed.

I'm not convinced you actually understand the offerings of RTV dB. There is more than one package available. Live footage, not radio, will always command more money and rightly so. The "all inclusive" package since they started streaming all games to overseas subscribers has always been the same. The 5 quid a month (60 quid a year) option allows you to see the highlights, which is, effectively, the same thing that you were getting previously. The only thing you no longer get that you did get is the radio commentary. And I suspect that this is for a few reasons, one being you can get legitimate internet radio broadcasts (I believe) without the need for RFC radio commentary - and another reason is also likely to be to try to convince people to buy the actual streaming visual of the game.

You are completely wrong when you say it is an "all inclusive package or nothing". You can purchase the online ST for US$300, you can purchase access to RTV, including highlights and "as live" games a few hours after they have finished, for 5 quid a month and you also have the option of buying live games on an individual basis for $10.

Personally I cant see a great deal to gripe and complain about - the only thing you are really missing out on is radio commentary.

Fair enough, but it is similar like saying if some copies the line-up of any given SPFL game in the relevant thread, it might "get lost". We've got e.g. 4 or 5 US trip threads with half a handful posts, or like in this case:

I think that allowances can be made for this given it is our first pre-season game and people are excited about getting to see the team playing again. It really isn't that big of a deal.

... and nothing more. No disrespect whatsoever to ian here, but that is what NewsNow and the Rangers HP is for. When I'm outside the house, I occasionally look at my smartphone and check what is new. Generally, I only check Gersnet or the German Board. For I know I'll only find genuine info. I don't want to click on a thread, wait till it appears and then have a link and nothing else. And if you find the board full of threads on the same topic (US tour) and not much bar links ... well. Obviously, the club's HP needs and shall have their hits, but I guess at least some folk will agree that we can advance it all a little more? Not for the bet1ter of my tastes, but quicker access to the (same) news.

Ian's thread distinctly says "Watch Battery v Rangers live" - if you don't wish to click a link and get the same topic then it was abundantly clear that this thread was telling people that they could watch us play on the US tour live - you could just as simply ignored the link.

Ah I see...mine's just goes 'bleep' and dies, sometimes I don't hear the bleep and I'm unaware until I want to make a call.

It cost me a tenner off eBay because my last phone was a real pain, turned out the one I bought was older than the one I replaced :) so I bought a battery for it (eBay) and later found out the old battery lasted longer than the 'new' one.

Must get myself one of these smartphone things and get better updates than ians stuff on here. :D

So e-bay was the root of all e-vil? :D

I'm not convinced you actually understand the offerings of RTV dB. There is more than one package available. Live footage, not radio, will always command more money and rightly so. The "all inclusive" package since they started streaming all games to overseas subscribers has always been the same. The 5 quid a month (60 quid a year) option allows you to see the highlights, which is, effectively, the same thing that you were getting previously. The only thing you no longer get that you did get is the radio commentary. And I suspect that this is for a few reasons, one being you can get legitimate internet radio broadcasts (I believe) without the need for RFC radio commentary - and another reason is also likely to be to try to convince people to buy the actual streaming visual of the game.

You are completely wrong when you say it is an "all inclusive package or nothing". You can purchase the online ST for US$300, you can purchase access to RTV, including highlights and "as live" games a few hours after they have finished, for 5 quid a month and you also have the option of buying live games on an individual basis for $10.

I specifically asked the RTV folk which option there is for overseas customers and they said:

RangersTV.tv Unlimited

Our overseas fans can enjoy the unlimited service, including every Rangers game live* and all of the features and services of RangersTV.tv Plus.

RangersTV Unlimited

RangersTV Plus allows you access to watch all Rangers TV programmes as often as you like, just like having your own personal Rangers video library which includes on demand matches, player features lots of one off archive programmes from the past. This service includes the Rangers Live match service.

Subscribe Monthly ($28.50)

Subscribe Annually ($299)

... which I posted above and for a reason. I don't think they have changed it by now, apart from:

Pay per View

You can also buy Pay per View where you can purchase individual programmes, and if you live overseas or are travelling overseas, the live games.

These will be priced individually. Lives matches are usually $9.50, As-live $7.50.

Personally I cant see a great deal to gripe and complain about - the only thing you are really missing out on is radio commentary.

People miss more options, not exactly radio commentary. BTW, you do wonder whether radio commentary would by an option for all those UK fans who can't see the game because of e.g. Champions League evenings.

Ian's thread distinctly says "Watch Battery v Rangers live" - if you don't wish to click a link and get the same topic then it was abundantly clear that this thread was telling people that they could watch us play on the US tour live - you could just as simply ignored the link.

You miss the point about threads that only contain a link, methinks. Especially if you check the board only via cellphone/smartphone or whatever you call it, not least when you've got a flatrate that does not read 2GB or the like.

I specifically asked the RTV folk which option there is for overseas customers and they said:

... which I posted above and for a reason. I don't think they have changed it by now, apart from:

People miss more options, not exactly radio commentary. BTW, you do wonder whether radio commentary would by an option for all those UK fans who can't see the game because of e.g. Champions League evenings.

You miss the point about threads that only contain a link, methinks. Especially if you check the board only via cellphone/smartphone or whatever you call it, not least when you've got a flatrate that does not read 2GB or the like.

1. I am sure that overseas fans can also get the 5 quid a month deal. Could be wrong but I know I paid 50 quid for a season which gave me full access including radio commentary but not live games. I then bought the live online ST and the Club refunded me the 50 quid after taking my US$300. As I said though, that was about 5 years ago so they may indeed have changed the offering, but I cant see why they would.

2. I am sure people will miss options, but from the Club's perspective I am sure they also want to maximize income - by only having live games people MIGHT be more inclined to stump up the cash for the online ST - or indeed purchase games individually. Can you no longer get radio commentary on games in the UK these days ?

3. I don't miss your point about threads containing links only - I completely agree with it. I prefer to see the text along with the link. But Ian's link about the live game was a little different as it didn't just have the link I don't think, also had the options to purchase.