[FT] Motherwell 0 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 48; Waghorn 90)

Stats from the match and again we have to keep in mind this team isn't fully prepared and isn't the first 11 while Motherwell were at home are far more prepared and fielded their first 11.

Possession: Motherwell 34% - Rangers 66%

Shots: Motherwell 13 - Rangers 20

Shots on target: Motherwell 3 - Rangers 7

Corners: Motherwell 3 - Rangers 6

I would say THAT sets down a marker and now we have a bunch of far easier matches to bed in the first 11. Let's see what happens to Annan at Ibrox on Tuesday when we are likely to field a stronger team that may include Barton and I would suspect probably Hill.

I also noticed how the Rangers fans were all penned in by stewards yet none at the home supporters!,considering they have previous for pitch invasions and assaulting opposing players!

I was more concerned about the refereeing and we may have problems if this is typical. Windass gets booked for shirt pulling while blatant shirt pulling on O'Halloran who had left the guy standing is nothing?

Then two obvious and blatant handballs get not a look from the ref? Anybody think Foderingham would still have been on the pitch if he had done what their goalie did? It's worrying and I hope a complaint of some sort is registered.

If this happened to anybody else it would be a conspiracy.

Kiernan seems to have no idea on how to angle himself to cut an opponents route to goal off. There was almost a repeat of the stokes goal as kiernan again seemed happy just to run alongside(parallel) the guy and not cutting the angle to goal off. The marking in the box is also terrible. Ball watching seems to be the order of the day by everyone. We will not win the league with the defence that played today.

Defence apart the football is at times stunning.

Pretty happy with that overall for the first game. Lots of positives and the usual slackness at the back. Be interesting to see what the changes bring for the next game and where we start against Hamilton. I think I'd put money on it now that it wont be Danny Wilson and Kiernan at the back... I certainly hope not.

I think Windasss could be an excellent acquisition for us.

Time will tell........

Kiernan seems to have no idea on how to angle himself to cut an opponents route to goal off. There was almost a repeat of the stokes goal as kiernan again seemed happy just to run alongside(parallel) the guy and not cutting the angle to goal off. The marking in the box is also terrible. Ball watching seems to be the order of the day by everyone. We will not win the league with the defence that played today.

Defence apart the football is at times stunning.

I feel the defence will significantly improve when we have the first choice 11 on the field and as you say the football is at times quite stunning and will only become even more stunning when that first 11 is in place.

If we accept that the defence will improve and that the stunning football will become even more stunning there isn't much if anything out there who will stop us scoring and score more than we do.

Almost with his first touch of the ball a semi fit Kranjcar pinged a pass from one wing to the other that landed right at the feet of the target. It's shaping up to an unstoppable force. We just beat what you would expect to be a top 6 SPL side on their patch with half a team half fit.

I'm even more confident than I was before.

Tav on a shaky nail goal probably saved him too much criticism but a weak link with his positioning,Wilson not as bad as usual but still shaky.

Tomorrows headlines"Rangers fan lets off smoke bomb club should be brought to task(by the way score 2-0 Rangers)"

Hope the club get the tosser who let off the smoke bomb and ban him for life as these so called fans are just cretins.

Thought result and most of play was great start.

Tav on a shaky nail goal probably saved him too much criticism but a weak link with his positioning,Wilson not as bad as usual but still shaky.

Tomorrows headlines"Rangers fan lets off smoke bomb club should be brought to task(by the way score 2-0 Rangers)"

Hope the club get the tosser who let off the smoke bomb and ban him for life as these so called fans are just cretins.

Thought result and most of play was great start.

Agreed, these cretins are a disgrace. It's the look at me mentality and to hell with any bad press the club get.

Agreed, these cretins are a disgrace. It's the look at me mentality and to hell with any bad press the club get.

Couldn't agree more. You have to wonder how stupid a creature needs to be to imagine this is impressive to anyone but anything as stupid as he is and surely that's a tiny minority.