[FT] East Stirling 0 - 3 Rangers (Halliday 10 pen; Windass 35; Dodoo 90)

Chick Young

Rangers thoroughly deserved their victory but would have expected to score more goals. If anything they stand accused of over working it, the shot from distance a seemingly alien philosophy to their coaching mantra.

:facepalm::D:redface:

I like Chick and will miss him when he retires. But my amazing super sensitive sleights upon Rangers senses recall a match report the Great Man wrote in 1987, as Souness' Rangers moved within touching distance of a much awaited title. His conclusion, from memory but I think almost word perfect:

'It amazes me that Rangers are being criticised for trying to walk the ball into the net. Are some people never happy?'

If anyone is that bored, it'll be an Evening Times report from a home game around April or May 1987 against, I think, either Hamilton or Motherwell.

Edited by Germinal

... but if we are honest, he's right. Forrester was a revelation when he arrived, as he was one who liked to have a shot from distance, while most others - and throughout the campaign - did not grab responsibility and shot from a good position, but rather tried another pass to someone who might be half-an-inch better positioned ... which usually led to one defender getting a leg in. McKay finally found his distance shooting boots near the end of the season, but we do need to shoot more often from greater distance.

That said, I doubt that many teams will line up against us like the teams did these last four years. Thus, we might enjoy more goals from closer distance too ... AND having said that, we scored well over a hundred goals last season, so that critique should be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt.