[FT] East Stirling 0 - 3 Rangers (Halliday 10 pen; Windass 35; Dodoo 90)

Chick Young

Rangers thoroughly deserved their victory but would have expected to score more goals. If anything they stand accused of over working it, the shot from distance a seemingly alien philosophy to their coaching mantra.

:facepalm::D:redface:

PS: One important comment: Wallace & McKay must form the Scotland team left-hand side going forward. Two superb players! Inspirational..!

no chance mate. they dont play or have for the mhanks whick seems to be the criteria for playing for scotland

I still feel someone is due a hammering and that may now be Stranraer on the bigger pitch with increasing fitness levels and edging closer to the first 11 being deployed. All in all it's worked out pretty well as a pre-season since we will have had 4 competitive matches after Stranraer and 4 wins given that Monday will most certainly be another routine victory.

The Burnley match is an ideal final run out before the real action since they will be better quality than anything we will face in the SPL and it will be interesting to see how the defence fares against that higher quality and how the attack looks against a team you would think unlikely to be playing 10 at the back.

Edited by JFK-1

Thinking about it regards to Scotland,we now have players who should be getting call ups!,McKay,Wallace,Halliday,Holt,if Wilson & MOH improve there is no reason why they can't push for a call!,I'm not getting carried away here just pointing out they are as good as any player currently playing for Scotland!.

Thinking about it regards to Scotland,we now have players who should be getting call ups!,McKay,Wallace,Halliday,Holt,if Wilson & MOH improve there is no reason why they can't push for a call!,I'm not getting carried away here just pointing out they are as good as any player currently playing for Scotland!.

With broony conducting the Orchestra------eh no thanks.

Well that was utter dross. We must have more intense training sessions at Auchenhowie. McKay the absolute standout as usual, with decent contributions from Forrester, Wallace. Learned absolutely nothing about Gilks, the Wilson-Hill partnership, Hodson as ES didn't do anything to contribute to the game. Stranraer on Monday won't be much different to this although they are a couple of levels up from ES, and Burnley won't be competitive as they aren't at the same stage of pre-season as us and the second half will be a sub-fest.

Given this new format there is nothing we can do about it either, we only have in our favour the fact that it is the same for everyone we will be playing over the first few "real" games in league action, so the level we need to reach in order to win league games right from the off is not as high as it might otherwise be, so I don't expect to see us at our best until 3-4 weeks into league action.

According to the punters in the Kirky RSC it wiz the Russians interfering.

Hey BH, WTF is this GPL runner-up tag all about? We don't celebrate second prizes at Rangers as well you know!! Congrats to the winner, everyone else was joint-last!

How many times have we been league runner-up, or losing cup-finalists? No Rangers fan knows the answer off the top of their head because we don't "do" second!

A big jug of Sangria mate with a few tequilas - lovely! :cool:

Hiking up Arthur Seat tomorrow and have cycled to work for the last two days so needed the fuel!

Where did you watch the game mate? I was chucked out the house so headed down to Staggs - had to bite my tongue a fair few times.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle