Rangers can win the Premiership title this season...

Keep saying top 6 a must top 3 a bonus champs dreamland,give the magic hat time please.

I would agree top 6 is an absolute must and even just 6 months or so ago I would have viewed top 3 as a hopeful bonus but given recent developments I think we have to view top 3 as not just plausible but a minimum expectation and I'm sure the manager himself would agree with that.

Looking at least seasons top 3 only one among them can approach anything like the class we have been bringing in and none of them have so far brought in anything like the "name" players we have and to top that off only one of them feasibly could.

Hibs beat both Aberdeen and Hearts in cup competitions last season and this season neither of those two will be any more formidable than they were last time out while we are far more formidable. Viewing it from that perspective I think we have to look top top 3 as a minimum expectation but again if it didn't come off for whatever reason I still wouldn't be aiming any flack at the manager.

It is what it is and there can be numerous pitfalls which come down to nothing but bad luck which no one can foresee or prepare for. The manager must indeed be given time to complete his project which is far from completion right now and will still be a good way off this time next year.

Top6 ? Are we havin' a laugh here?

The very least I'd expect is top3 for a EL place but ideally first which should not be impossible.

In case anyone's missed it, since we've been out the top division the yahoos have been selling their best players (because our absence was costing them £10m per season which Liewell finally admitted) and now have a team which lost home & away to a team fourth in the norwegian league last season in the EL.

And hertz(who finished third last season) have just been put out the EL by Maltese opposition

Not exactly the EPL or LA liga we're playing in.

I was at wedding yesterday and got chatting about the upcoming season - one family member (celtic fan) was gob smacked when I said we would be in the hunt. He said we would be top 6.

Another family member (hearts fan) said he expected them to finish third and when I asked who would finish above them he said celtic and aberdeen...

We will surprise them all.

I was at wedding yesterday and got chatting about the upcoming season - one family member (celtic fan) was gob smacked when I said we would be in the hunt. He said we would be top 6

Tell him to put his money where his mouth is, offer to bet him we will be top 3 minimum. Anyone out there who seriously thinks that we will be nothing but say Dundee or Motherwell knows absolutely nothing about football. I'm not a gambler but if anyone said that to me I would offer a bet on it.

I think what's happening is that vast numbers of these sellick specimens do indeed know nothing about football but think they do because they know a few rebel songs word perfect.

Others know a serious challenge is on the horizon but are so bitter they just don't want to acknowledge it which will just make them look all the more stupid when the reality begins smacking them in the face.

We were pressed at the back yesterday, something we are not used too. The Hearts, Aberdeens and timmy will be fit enough to follow suit, are our defensive players good enough to play out of defense.

There is also the problem that they have to defend as well.

I was at wedding yesterday and got chatting about the upcoming season - one family member (celtic fan) was gob smacked when I said we would be in the hunt. He said we would be top 6.

Another family member (hearts fan) said he expected them to finish third and when I asked who would finish above them he said celtic and aberdeen...

We will surprise them all.

Last season's team would have been top 6, IMHO. We should go closer with the signings

We were pressed at the back yesterday, something we are not used too. The Hearts, Aberdeens and timmy will be fit enough to follow suit, are our defensive players good enough to play out of defense.

There is also the problem that they have to defend as well.

I'm simply not impressed by either Hearts or Aberdeen. Both dumped out of cup competitions by a hibs side we were superior to last season and are far superior to now while neither Hearts nor Aberdeen have done anything in terms of transfers to suggest they will be any better this year than they were last year.

And in addition a Hearts team dumped out of Europe after being beaten at home by a team from Malta while Aberdeen look set to follow suit against a Slovenian side with a ground capacity of 12,000?

We only have to get our squad fit and playing to their potential to beat any of that pair home or away. The Maltese managed it so I don;t see why we can't.

Top 2 for me is acceptable in this return to the top flight. That's realistic. I certainly don't think Aberdeen and Hearts are better than us. Celtic do have a higher budget and know how to win against the rest which they have done for a few years now. Head to Head we proved at Hampden in April we can match them. Our challenge is beating the rest of the league on a weekly basis now and not in a one off cup match - I think with the players we have we will certainly be top 2. I like the look of Windass and Rossiter while Barrie McKay is reborn with the talent we knew he had. If Barton can produce 75% of what he did last season he will control every game.

I actually think not having Europa League is to our advantage, its a season too early on the football side whilst it would have been a financial welcome. But with hindsight, not getting promotion under McCall at Motherwell a year ago was better as it gave Warburton a year of settling without the pressure of top flight, I think playing Thursday / Sunday would hamper our challenge this season.

For me 2nd and challenging would be good stead similar to when Walter came back and replaced PLG - it was a statement that season and then we won 3 in a row....however 1st and winners is not beyond us at all.