A league too far?

Surely you can't judge players after a few games with us and some are not even playing yet! I will judge them after half a season at least, some players settle straight away, some take longer, some won't make it with us, that's how football is. Once they are all fit and we find their best position for our system then I think we will be fine but as I said some fans are not patient enough it seems.

People need to be realistic. Green and Whyte screwed us up so bad if we sort it out in 5 years from getting them out it will be a miracle.

10 is more likely.

It will take time as you say, but I would hope to be truly challenging for the title within the next 3 seasons.

Come on Johnny, this is Rangers fans. We are allowed to judge players before they've even kicked a ball for the club (see Garner) and if the players aren't world class then they simply can't be good enough.

I find it amazing how some of our fans openly will say "will take us 10 yrs to recover from the mess of Whyte and Green" and then after 4 games complaining that we aren't good enough to challenge for the league. You really can't have it both ways.

Warburton is a victim of his own success. The manner in which we won the Championship last year means that our fans were overly optimistic (myself included) for this season. A touch of realism is needed by all.

This season should always have been one of stabilization back in the top league before making a proper assault on the league next year. And even that doesn't mean we can't win the league. We clearly haven't clicked yet with all the new players and change in playing style (small but relevant). We are playing poorly but are unbeaten. We are only 4 games into the campaign so it is hardly panic stations.

A win at Parkhead and all this negativity disappears again (although only till the next dropped points).

It will take time as you say, but I would hope to be truly challenging for the title within the next 3 seasons.

I expect to be challenging for the title next season. But we also need to remember the chasm between us and them financially.

I expect to be challenging for the title next season. But we also need to remember the chasm between us and them financially.

I can't speak for anyone else and nobody really talks about it so I'm just going to say it as its the elephant in the room.

We are in a similar position to what they were during 9IAR, In fact ours is far worse. We have to win the league before they get 10. Don't know about anyone else but that is in my head. Stop their 10!

I don't condone getting into financial strife again doing it, I'm simply saying we have 4 years, realistically to get it right. IMHO that's in the back of everyone's mind.

Edited by cooponthewing

I can't speak for anyone else and nobody really talks about it so I'm just going to say it as its the elephant in the room.

We are in a similar position to what they were during 9IAR, In fact ours is far worse. We have to win the league before they get 10. Don't know about anyone else but that is in my head. Stop their 10!

I know what you mean,however with us getting kicked out of the league has given them titles that they wouldn't have had!,not much we can do about it,their asterisk titles are false,but it would be good to stop them doing it,and I believe we will,we are getting there.

C'mon people. 4 games in and we are still finding our feet. Let's not get too critical. I have faith in MW and genuinely feel he will get this right. I am as disappointed as any other fan about our stuttering form but people need to seriously have realistic expectations. Considering where we have come from, I'd be more than happy with a healthy top 4 showing this year so we can use that as a foundation for the real challenge next year.

I have said a few times top six is a must top three an achievement and winning an out and out bonus.

I am not a half empty or half full glass person but a realist.

Anything outside top three is totally unacceptable.

Edited by RANGERRAB