Lee Wallace pulls out of the Scotland squad

I don't think we will see Crooks in action at the piggery!,too early for him,I watch some highlights of the youth game and without trying to down him he didn't look up to speed,it was only brief highlights so I'm not judging him.

I doubt he will feature there either and his injury aside since he has played more football in the past 4 weeks than Waghorn has we have to doubt him too. A pattern of bad luck robbing us of a fully fit Waghorn for key matches and I include the cup final in that where even though he played he had been out for months prior to it.

If we feel others who have been playing in recent weeks still aren't 100% what state is Waghorn in?

If Hodson is away on NI duty then I can only think to put Keirnan at left back(he's left footed?)

AFAIK Kiernan & Senderos are RF'd & Wilson & Hill are LF'd, not sure about Bates but has played RB as well as CB.

Not sure it is a critical factor nowadays though ............

Its common for the fixture lists to throw up big matches after international break and seems to be a time where key players pick up injuries. So in this sense Im glad Wallace pulled out. As I said on another thread the position we are thin with is full backs.

As such I hope he doesn't play at Linfield with the OF being next week. That goes for most of MW's intended XI for next week, they should get 45 mins at most and the squad is big enough to make changes and possibly try a 3 at the back.

AFAIK Kiernan & Senderos are RF'd & Wilson & Hill are LF'd, not sure about Bates but has played RB as well as CB.

Not sure it is a critical factor nowadays though ............

Keirnan must use both feet as I watch him use his left frequently. Btw now that you have pointed that out anyone think that because he uses both feet, confidently it has to be said in a passing context, is probably one of the reasons MW is so enthusiastic about him?.

Edited by cooponthewing

This is the World Cup not a friendly. Don't anybody on here ever complain again if he gets overlooked. I thought countries had the power now to demand release from clubs, that absence due to injury was only allowed after examination by the doctor of the national squad. I'm not celebrating - I'm disappointed in Lee.

So you didn't read the part where it said he had been released by the SCOTLAND medical team ?

Stop getting your panties in a twist over the national team, representatives of the SFA that has fucked Rangers over every opportunity they have had.

Fuck them IMHO

So you didn't read the part where it said he had been released by the SCOTLAND medical team ?

Stop getting your panties in a twist over the national team, representatives of the SFA that has fucked Rangers over every opportunity they have had.

Fuck them IMHO

No, I hadn't read that at that time. Fair enough. I also think it's childish to conflate the SFA with the international side. Suppose you'd be happy if we played no World Cups, Euro matches etc. Players have or should have ambition: most would want to play for their country.

No, I hadn't read that at that time. Fair enough. I also think it's childish to conflate the SFA with the international side. Suppose you'd be happy if we played no World Cups, Euro matches etc. Players have or should have ambition: most would want to play for their country.

The SFA is the controlling body of the international team and it's not unknown for people to decline to play for the international team because they feel they were screwed over by the SFA. Duncan Ferguson for one who only ever played 7 times but could have played dozens if he had wanted to.

Ferguson refused international selection after 1997, in part in protest against his treatment by the SFA after his conviction for assault on John McStay, particularly the imposition of a 12-game ban on top of his 3-month prison sentence. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Ferguson#International_appearances

Although I have lost most if not all my enthusiasm for the Scotland side - too many failures over the years, even when we had some good international players, a successful Scotland side would make a difference to our country and the way we feel. The recent success of Wales and Northern Ireland demonstrate what a good feeling can be engendered in a nation.

Sadly, a successful Scotland qualification campaign, and the comcomitant feelgood factor,

inevitably would be hijacked by Sturgeon and her gang, and strapped to her Indyref 2 bandwagon.

Another good reason, perhaps, not to give a flying one about the fortunes of the National XI.