FT Linfield 0 - 7 Rangers (Miller 11, 28, 31, 53; Kranjcar 25; Kiernan 27; Garner 83)

I hate to be pedantic Linfield FC but it's Rangers not Glasgow Rangers

For me it is the famous Glasgow Rangers and always will be even although it is not official so you can be pedantic all you want it won't change things for me. I am sure there are many ( possible older supporters) who feel the same. I wouldn't get annoyed about it as half the world know us as Glasgow Rangers and you will be living your life being annoyed by people saying it.

I hate to be pedantic Linfield FC but it's Rangers not Glasgow Rangers

Rangers, Rangers FC and Glasgow Rangers are equally official and used with equal measure all over the place. Just help yourself to Follow Follow to note that. One's own preferenceremains just one's own preference. We had a wee discussion a bit earlier and found this old piece of info going back to some rather early days ... January 4th, 1874:

smvm75.jpg

How would you describe them then? We used to send our under 19's over every year and still beat them. As low as the standard has fallen in Scotland, the standard in NI remains as low as you get for top tier football in any country. I don't get any locals disagreeing with me when I discuss it with them.

Well, they are semi-professionals with an illustrious history about as successful as ours in terms of titles, who happen to operate in a low key country that cannot support football above that level at this moment. Maybe an indication how footie in Scotland would be if not for the money that the Old Firm brings in.

We have played alike for a good number of years now and some have given us quite a bit of bother. Hence, I for one would not hand them some derogatory titles just because what league they are playing in and the standard attributed to it. Not least when they belong to the Blues Brothers' connection. Now, you will sure want to come back with some handy remark, but honestly, MW has said anything that needs to be said in the interview linked above.

For me it is the famous Glasgow Rangers and always will be even although it is not official so you can be pedantic all you want it won't change things for me. I am sure there are many ( possible older supporters) who feel the same. I wouldn't get annoyed about it as half the world know us as Glasgow Rangers and you will be living your life being annoyed by people saying it.

I don't get annoyed by it mate but to me we are Rangers, not Glasgow Rangers. Our badge/monogram is RFC not GRFC. Each to their own and all that but to prefix Rangers with Glasgow just turns us into us into other teams with Rangers in their title. We are one of the very few clubs in world football that doesn't have a geographical reference in our name and I like that.

Well, they are semi-professionals with an illustrious history about as successful as ours in terms of titles, who happen to operate in a low key country that cannot support football above that level at this moment. Maybe an indication how footie in Scotland would be if not for the money that the Old Firm brings in.

We have played alike for a good number of years now and some have given us quite a bit of bother. Hence, I for one would not hand them some derogatory titles just because what league they are playing in and the standard attributed to it. Not least when they belong to the Blues Brothers' connection. Now, you will sure want to come back with some handy remark, but honestly, MW has said anything that needs to be said in the interview linked above.

MW is hardly going to say what I said, even if he knows it to be true. Far too diplomatic for that. A fans forum however, is exactly the place to air these views. It is not derogatary if it is accurate just because you feel differently.

Blues Brothers is an outdated piece of nonsense. We have a huge number of fans in NI, (probably in part due to the "pub team" quality of local sides!) certainly not all Linfield fans. Similarly in England where Chelsea fans dont make up our numbers too much either.

As I said, I know quite a few NI fans, and none of them bother with my description, so I am comfortable with it.

Blues Brothers is an outdated piece of nonsense. We have a huge number of fans in NI, (probably in part due to the "pub team" quality of local sides!) certainly not all Linfield fans. Similarly in England where Chelsea fans dont make up our numbers too much either.

Maybe so, maybe not ...