Banner for Saturday

Won't even see it tbh. My daughter is 2 this week and we're having her shindig on saturday. That will be a happy distraction. I'll flick my phone on about 3 o'clock and look with baited breath but I'll be honest, the older I get, the less I "enjoy" the whole OF experience

I hope every Rangers fan going to the match enjoys the game and comes home feeling satisfied. I'm glad to say though, the scum will not be seeing any of my money . Some memories are just too close to forget. it was up to those scumbags we wouldn't even have a team to follow.

My loss I suppose.

And you honestly think a "Penn State" banner would ensure a level playing field ??

We BOTH know the answer to that - and we both know that rather than a level playing field we would, rightly, be treated like lepers.

Further, Penn State were fined because the NCAA's regulations allow for it. On what grounds could the SFA as footballing authorities fine Celtic ? You are trying to equate two different systems and jurisdictions when they can't be. Morally sure, but legalistically they are very different systems.

It would be some cynical banter and may have some people think again.

As for NCAA's rules and those of the SFA, I can't tell what each organisations' regulations allow for and would not be surprised if there is nothing specific about such events in the NCAA one. The SFA/SFL/SPL also has some paragraphs ready for interpretation - remember how they voted us out? But that all is not the point. For ... they and the mhedia is offended by various songs we sing, the word Fenian, BJK and whatnot. We have people arrested and at times jailed for somesuch. Yet, the happily call us Huns, zombies, and give a laldy to any IRAoke song you can think of without a whisper. So if not for a bit of naughty banter about Penn State (and I don't advocate large scale action here), how would you counter that from the stands? Not from the sandy beaches of Bermuda, but generally. I mean, you are essentially laughing at me when being annoyed by media people heinously calling us new club or liquidated club, instead of defending us. So how would be your approach?

As for NCAA's rules and those of the SFA, I can't tell what each organisations' regulations allow for and would not be surprised if there is nothing specific about such events in the NCAA one. The SFA/SFL/SPL also has some paragraphs ready for interpretation - remember how they voted us out? But that all is not the point. For ... they and the mhedia is offended by various songs we sing, the word Fenian, BJK and whatnot. We have people arrested and at times jailed for somesuch. Yet, the happily call us Huns, zombies, and give a laldy to any IRAoke song you can think of without a whisper. So if not for a bit of naughty banter about Penn State (and I don't advocate large scale action here), how would you counter that from the stands? Not from the sandy beaches of Bermuda, but generally. I mean, you are essentially laughing at me when being annoyed by media people heinously calling us new club or liquidated club, instead of defending us. So how would be your approach?

I might be wrong DB but my take on all this is that we could effectively shit hundred dollar bills and hand them to charity whilst singing "onward Christian soldiers" and these scumbags would still find a way to chastise our fans and club. I don't think it matters? This country is so twisted that no matter what we do that mob will be painted saintly and we as Devils of society. Make no mistake it is Religious and Political!.

It's just damage limitation and trying to give them as little ammunition as possible. In that sense I don't really see much mileage in giving them ammunition to throw at us, I feel we should sit back and let them go into full song with their IRAoeke and various other unsavoury and terrorist supporting tunes. The world is watching and make sure it is reported that they support terrorist organisations worldwide and are openly allowed to glorify in death and destruction by the footballing and political authorities here.

Edited by cooponthewing

The easy way to stop out fans being arrested and jailed for singing things that they shouldn't be (rightly or wrongly) is not to sing them. Simple. Once we've cleaned up our own house, we can worry about others but until we do we're going to get pelters for it. It's time the support got away from archaic history that has nothing to do with Rangers, focus on the club, our history and our future!

The easy way to stop out fans being arrested and jailed for singing things that they shouldn't be (rightly or wrongly) is not to sing them. Simple. Once we've cleaned up our own house, we can worry about others but until we do we're going to get pelters for it. It's time the support got away from archaic history that has nothing to do with Rangers, focus on the club, our history and our future!

That's admirable enough but let's remember that in 2004, UEFA banned the Billy Boys and a few years later, the Scottish Government made it against the law to sing it.

Over the course of those 12 years the song largely disappears and it's only in recent times that we've heard it once or twice sung again en masse. What happened in the intervening years? Did bigotry suddenly disappear? What about songs that glorify terrorists? I assume anyone that refers to our fans and players as huns is also liable to be jailed?

Or perhaps nothing else happened other than excuses for 'political' songs and the defence of words like hun? Is it any wonder, rightly or wrongly, some of our fans now take liberties.

The problem with the whole issue is of fundamental dishonesty with regard to the debate. Our fans could be whiter than white and I guarantee you there would be no change when it comes to others. Tynecastle the other week is a prime example of this.

That's admirable enough but let's remember that in 2004, UEFA banned the Billy Boys and a few years later, the Scottish Government made it against the law to sing it.

Over the course of those 12 years the song largely disappears and it's only in recent times that we've heard it once or twice sung again en masse. What happened in the intervening years? Did bigotry suddenly disappear? What about songs that glorify terrorists? I assume anyone that refers to our fans and players as huns is also liable to be jailed?

Or perhaps nothing else happened other than excuses for 'political' songs and the defence of words like hun? Is it any wonder, rightly or wrongly, some of our fans now take liberties.

The problem with the whole issue is of fundamental dishonesty with regard to the debate. Our fans could be whiter than white and I guarantee you there would be no change when it comes to others. Tynecastle the other week is a prime example of this.

Frankie, I completely agree. The same rules for all should be adopted. But we all know that they're not, and if elements of our support do bring out the old song book, it will be picked up, reported and the club dragged through the mud and likely have the book thrown at us. It's very easy to say "turn the other cheek" and "hold ourselves to the highest standards", but that's what we have to do. Get rid of the big bad rangers argument and then we can start reporting other clubs as the Celtic fans appear to. If we don't sort our own house out first, we'll not get anywhere with that.

Frankie, I completely agree. The same rules for all should be adopted. But we all know that they're not, and if elements of our support do bring out the old song book, it will be picked up, reported and the club dragged through the mud and likely have the book thrown at us. It's very easy to say "turn the other cheek" and "hold ourselves to the highest standards", but that's what we have to do. Get rid of the big bad rangers argument and then we can start reporting other clubs as the Celtic fans appear to. If we don't sort our own house out first, we'll not get anywhere with that.

Again, admirable but completely unrealistic.

I agree wholeheartedly. We as Rangers fans need to box clever with this issue but I fear there is large section of our support who are so dogmatic that they can't see the bigger picture

On another note, if we were ever to be invited into a European or a cross border British environment these songs, under no circumstances, would be tolerated by governing bodies.

The governing bodies themselves would be objective and would hold no agenda, it would simply be that these songs would not be tolerated. In the plus side, it is without question that the IRAoeke songbook and others that are alike would similarly not be tolerated and would cause them much harm as I feel they would have more problems than we do.

These songs of theirs would no go down well at any of the grounds down south.