Neil McCann: Celtic look at different level here

Who thinks they're good? Their struggling performances in Europe this season against poor sides shows that they aren't. Not to mention it's not long ago we beat them in the cup.

The problem is more how poor we are, as opposed to how good they are. A half decent Rangers side would be romping it home this season.

Plenty in the media and elsewhere think they're going to romp it. Up to us to prove otherwise.

We've started fairly poorly and this would be the ideal time to improve.

I have a great respect for McCann as a pundit. He reads the game well and articulately gets this across to the viewer. Him and Tanner combine well to cover the Sky live games. He will have seen both sides a few times already this season, so his opinion is more likely to be a balanced one than from some other pundits who are only out to make headlines.

Cant argue with what he says, we can hope Griffiths has a bad game and our defence doesnt make their usual high number of errors. I dont have a good feeling about the result in all honesty.

Neil McCann is a true professional commentator who unlike some others who shall remain nameless presents his view with no hint of bias and in this instance he is simply doing what everyone else is doing and giving a view largely based on recent form.

Our recent form has been unimpressive so as an unbiased professional he can present no other view but he knows as well as we do form isn't a clinching factor. An early goal is what we need which will silence their hordes and pile even more pressure on them and that's a possibility if they come at us.

Our team has seen absolutely nothing but packed defences up till now so a bit of space to run into will be a breath of fresh air for our sprinters. I don't know if he will be chosen but this might be the time for O'Halloran to prove himself. He habitually tormented them with St Johnston.

The only side I have seen go at them was in Israel where they were played off the park and extremely fortunate to get through that. We can do this and if it doesn't work out well so be it. We will be stronger when they come to our home.

Edited by JFK-1

I just don't get all the hype that surrounds them. They were lucky to beat Hearts and nearly chucked the game away against St Johnstone.

Not to mention they lost to the Lincoln Red Imps and just scraped through their last Euro tie.

If we can click on Saturday I think some people may be in for a real shock.

I just don't get all the hype that surrounds them. They were lucky to beat Hearts and nearly chucked the game away against St Johnstone.

Not to mention they lost to the Lincoln Red Imps and just scraped through their last Euro tie.

If we can click on Saturday I think some people may be in for a real shock.

The hype is primarily because they have the media in their back pocket and it just wouldn't be positive news to be talking about how they have struggled to prevent goals being conceded, or the humiliation of defeat to Red Imps, or getting horsed (and lucky) against the Israeli team, or almost throwing games against Hearts and St Johnstone.

They need to make Brendan look like some world beater considering how much they are paying him.

The hype is primarily because they have the media in their back pocket and it just wouldn't be positive news to be talking about how they have struggled to prevent goals being conceded, or the humiliation of defeat to Red Imps, or getting horsed (and lucky) against the Israeli team, or almost throwing games against Hearts and St Johnstone.

They need to make Brendan look like some world beater considering how much they are paying him.

Not forgetting the "Celtic have recruited better" line I have been hearing daily.

Do people forget we have signed experienced players like Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar.

Or the fact we have just invested £1.8m in Joe Garner.

If Celtic had signed Barton and Kranjcar I would have been gutted.

Not forgetting the "Celtic have recruited better" line I have been hearing daily.

Do people forget we have signed experienced players like Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar.

Or the fact we have just invested £1.8m in Joe Garner.

If Celtic had signed Barton and Kranjcar I would have been gutted.

its because we have looked so poor, pretty much universally since we beat them back in april

and i'm sorry but the back 4 are a shambles.