Liverpool will always do well against the bigger teams, just because of the high-intensity of their game, but their season will be defined by how they do against the smaller sides where they always lose points. I don't see that changing, yet.

I think Chelsea tried to settle into a low block to nullify Liverpool's pace in-behind. It worked for the majority of the game, but they were almost too passive in defending. It had to be a 'plan' because when they attacked they were very pacey and energetic. If not for awful set-piece defending -- sound familiar? -- and that wonder-strike, I don't remember Liverpool creating too much, except long-range strikes. It did remind me of the Old Firm game where we tried to nullify their pace be sitting deep and zonal. It worked for the most part, but we were undone by mistakes and poor set-pieces.

I think Chelsea will do well this season, and I can see them finishing above Liverpool. Conte is an excellent manager.

It's Mac City's League to lose, with Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, fighting for the other spots. Arsenal seem average, with the teams mentioned getting better. Tottenham are a good side, but again, I just think the 'big-four' (minus Arsenal) have got better again.

Relying on late goals against West Ham, Watford and Swansea, plus dropping points in the last two games doesn't really bode well for me. Regarding Conte, aside from Italy looking pretty decent in a poor Euros tournament, he's only proven himself in Serie A. He didn't do well in the Champions League and I think Chelsea should be appointing managers with a track record in that competition, and more experience of different leagues ideally too. His usual style of play also doesn't fall in line with what RA supposedly wants to see.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

West Ham cost me a coupon for the second week running. Deep problems there at the back.

Everton looking refreshingly good. I did say Koeman should have stayed at Southampton one more season then got the Arsenal gig or even Barcelona in a few years time as I thought Everton was a slightly side ways step at the time but with their investment only a large stadium is preventing that club now from being top 4 contenders every year.

West Ham cost me a coupon for the second week running. Deep problems there at the back.

Everton looking refreshingly good. I did say Koeman should have stayed at Southampton one more season then got the Arsenal gig or even Barcelona in a few years time as I thought Everton was a slightly side ways step at the time but with their investment only a large stadium is preventing that club now from being top 4 contenders every year.

Think Everton would need to be nothing less than spectacular to outshine Liverpool.

In 14 games against Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and Spurs since arriving at Liverpool almost a year ago, Klopp has lost only twice.

This latest win at Chelsea was Klopp and Liverpool putting down another marker that they are more than capable of competing with the best - and if they can put things right against the rest then their growing momentum will become even more ominous.

All Everton victories in the current campaign have come against teams you would expect to be bottom half at the end while Liverpool have defeated two contenders away from home as well as handing last season Champions Leicester a 4-1 hiding.

Think Everton would need to be nothing less than spectacular to outshine Liverpool.

All Everton victories in the current campaign have come against teams you would expect to be bottom half at the end while Liverpool have defeated two contenders away from home as well as handing last season Champions Leicester a 4-1 hiding.

You have to remember Everton's manager is 4 games into his career there, they will only get better. Klopp is starting to improve Liverpool but it is the same story - they pick up points in the big games but lose the so called easy ones.

You have to remember Everton's manager is 4 games into his career there, they will only get better. Klopp is starting to improve Liverpool but it is the same story - they pick up points in the big games but lose the so called easy ones.

Fair comment but I think sorting out any problem of stuttering against lesser opposition is a lot easier to resolve than if they couldn't compete with the top sides and that was only one match out of 5 played so far which doesn't yet suggest a pattern for the season.

That Man Utd squad needs a clear-out. Rooney is absolutely abysmal; incapable of stringing 2 passes together!

Or, maybe not a clear-out per se, but tough decisions need to be made regarding starting-11. They can't continue to shoe-horn players into the team.

Edited by Rousseau