Hanging Effigies and Sectarian Banners

Terrible things happen when a group of people are ignored and marginalised in society. How many more notches can it be ratcheted up before there is genuine blood on the streets?

Isn't there already genuine blood on the streets? The greatest thing they could do to change it is stop financing with public money the apartheid schools run by the Catholic church. If they absolutely must maintain their apartheid then they can pay for it because I don't want to.

Football: Old Firm outburst may land Davie Weir in hot water with the SFA

RANGERS assistant boss Davie Weir could face further punishment after being sent to the stands during Saturday’s Old Firm duel.

Referee Wiliie Collum dismissed the former Scotland defender from the Gers dugout midway through the second half after Weir went over the top with his protests following a foul on winger Barrie McKay.

Now Scottish FA compliance officer Tony McGlennan is mulling over whether to charge the Light Blues coach for his outburst.

The Hampden disciplinary boss was handed Collum’s official report on Sunday but as the case is not covered by the SFA’s fast-track proceedings, he can take his time before deciding if action is necessary.

If McGlennan is satisfied Weir’s behaviour amounted to misconduct, he will issue a notice of complaint before the matter is sent to a disciplinary panel for judgement, with a touchline ban among the possible sanctions.

Weir was left to trudge down the tunnel after Hoops defender Mikael Lustig left McKay in a heap. He and Gers boss Mark Warburton mistakenly believed the Swede had already been booked and demanded Collum flash a second yellow.

The incident rounded off a miserable day for the Ibrox management team as their side slumped to a humiliating 5-1 drubbing in the first derby clash of the new campaign.

But Warburton has promised there will be no knee-jerk reaction.

“We have to look at it, and you have to self-analyse and be self-critical, and you have to react to Saturday but the danger is you over react,” he said.

“There is a fine balance there. We were very aware of being split as a unit, and we didn’t press on the front foot as we normally do – we didn’t show that high-pressing desire in our game, and again that could be a mixed message.

“If it is, that’s my fault, nobody else’s fault. But the point was we wanted to try and stop balls being fed in and press, and I think we were maybe caught between the two for periods.

“Did we test the goalkeeper enough? No, but we got in good areas to hurt him. We need to look at the individual errors and recognise it was a tough place to go and you have to enjoy those experiences – but you can’t afford to make individual errors, and that comes down to the whole team taking collective responsibility for that.”

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/football-old-firm-outburst-may-land-davie-weir-in-hot-water-with-the-sfa.22376

Isn't there already genuine blood on the streets? The greatest thing they could do to change it is stop financing with public money the apartheid schools run by the Catholic church. If they absolutely must maintain their apartheid then they can pay for it because I don't want to.

I don't want to be arsey but I don't get what you mean by "apartheid" schools? My son goes to a "catholic" school and he is from a mixed faith/fathless family (Atheist and Catholic). He has class mates that have Pakistani, Chinese, Nigerian, Malaysian and Sikh heritage so it's a pretty mixed bag. And with regards to these schools being run by the Catholic church, that's nonsense to be honest. That might have been the case many moons ago but the only people that are running the school and in turn shaping my son's education are a bunch of hard working teachers

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/david-weir-to-escape-8834270

Rangers coach David Weir escapes touchline ban after being sent off against Celtic

16:05, 14 Sep 2016

Updated 16:05, 14 Sep 2016

By Record Sport Online

THE former Gers skipper was left angry with decisions during the Glasgow derby but SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan has let the Ibrox coach off with a warning.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/david-weir-to-escape-8834270

Rangers coach David Weir escapes touchline ban after being sent off against Celtic

16:05, 14 Sep 2016

Updated 16:05, 14 Sep 2016

By Record Sport Online

THE former Gers skipper was left angry with decisions during the Glasgow derby but SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan has let the Ibrox coach off with a warning.

He has been very quick to act on that one!

I don't want to be arsey but I don't get what you mean by "apartheid" schools? My son goes to a "catholic" school and he is from a mixed faith/fathless family (Atheist and Catholic). He has class mates that have Pakistani, Chinese, Nigerian, Malaysian and Sikh heritage so it's a pretty mixed bag. And with regards to these schools being run by the Catholic church, that's nonsense to be honest. That might have been the case many moons ago but the only people that are running the school and in turn shaping my son's education are a bunch of hard working teachers

I don't know where you're from but where I came from in Central Scotland only Catholic kids were allowed into the Catholic schools and as you say it may have changed since I was at school in the 60's and 70's but even if that were so it still does create this them and us mentality.

I would make a guess that an insignificant number of kids in these schools are non Catholic and you yourself pointed out that your son is from a family where at least one parent is Catholic. And there is still also the issue of why the public purse should support it. I have been atheist since I was round 12 years old and to me you may as well say we're a Zeus based school as Catholic or anything else religious for all the sense it makes to me.

It pans out into an effective apartheid in Scotland. Take this as well for an example.

Some local authorities - particularly in Lanarkshire - have chosen to build so-called 'shared campuses' where a Catholic and non-denominational school share grounds, a building, and facilities such as canteen, sport halls etc., but lessons are taught separately.

This policy has had mixed success—although supporters say it reduces the risk of 'us and them' sectarianism, some shared campuses have suffered disruptions on opening. At one stage the Scottish Catholic Church even considered unprecedented legal action against North Lanarkshire Council to stop another 'shared campus' being built.

What else would you call it when " the Scottish Catholic Church even considered unprecedented legal action against North Lanarkshire Council to stop another 'shared campus' being built"?

Isn't that the very definition of apartheid? They don't even want to share a space even when they can still separate out into their own classes. I have seen them refuse to even have a shared entrance to the school grounds.