5-1: A case for the defence, of any kind

Where is the money going to come from? Until we can start finding quality players we can turn substantial profits on, or develop our own talent, I don't see how we're going to fix this mess. It's obvious the money isn't coming from Dave King or anyone else.

One thing is for sure, we're going to go absolutely nowhere just spending peanuts on cast offs from England. We need to be focusing on global talent, not just a small selection of players.

We need commercial deals etc to match celtc.

A decent article by Neil Casey but it's imperative we show significant improvement between now and the end of the year. Anything other than a top three finish is totally unacceptable.

Hate to say it but MW is beginning to remind me of PLG with his stubbornness

What is rather disappointing is that week in week out, the same arguments are repeated and debated over and over again, despite most of those arguing are actually agreeing on the part in bold. As if each week's score has to result in an adjustment of the season as a whole. After MD 5. Not least when we all know from past experiences that performances much like fortunes change over the course of the season. Despite yesterday, just imagine we beat Ross County 4-0 and the Scum looses 1-0 next week. Will we talk about the title again?

BTW, dunno whether Wilson is still injured, but with Senderos suspended, I would assume that Ross County will face a central defence of Hill and Kiernan, should the latter be fit. Else it is ... Hill and Bates / McCrory or the like. With fortunes like these, you wonder when we'll get a settled central defence ...

Edited by der Berliner

What is rather disappointing is that week in week out, the same arguments are repeated and debated over and over again, despite most of those arguing are actually agreeing on the part in bold. As if each week's score has to result in an adjustment of the season as a whole. After MD 5. Not least when we all know from past experiences that performances much like fortunes change over the course of the season. Despite yesterday, just imagine we beat Ross County 4-0 and the Scum looses 1-0 next week. Will we talk about the title again?

I know others have different views but I still feel this team can come good and that top 3 is a certainty while the title isn't out of reach after just 5 games. I remember a Newcastle side managed by Kevin Keegan destroying Manchester United 5-0 and eventually building I think it was a 12 point lead at the top of the table and Alex Ferguson's United STILL won the title.

Best thing that can happen in the meantime is that they have their bubble burst by Suarez and co tonight then be advised to 'know your place'

I know others have different views but I still feel this team can come good and that top 3 is a certainty while the title isn't out of reach after just 5 games. I remember a Newcastle side managed by Kevin Keegan destroying Manchester United 5-0 and eventually building I think it was a 12 point lead at the top of the table and Alex Ferguson's United STILL won the title.

Best thing that can happen in the meantime is that they have their bubble burst by Suarez and co tonight then be advised to 'know your place'

you're not watching the same team i am.

and that manu team was mature and had won something like 4 of the last 5 titles

you're not watching the same team i am.

and that manu team was mature and had won something like 4 of the last 5 titles

It's the same team we both watched last season and we know can play because we have seen them do it so there is no reason they can't start doing it again. In fact there are additions to the team which should make it even more potent than it was at it's best last season.

IMHO, it is quite simple. We haven't found our feet yet, haven't had a settled line up for two games in a row and are still firing too many blanks in front of goals. People might project this back to last season, but we have 11 new players, of which only half a handfull have featured and many only sporadically. Likewise, driving forces like Holt are injured. It does look somewhat grim at the moment, but we have seen this all before and no-one can reasonably predict how the next weeks and months will go. Should we beat the Highlanders on Saturday and the Scum fail to win, the whole scenario changes again. We should get our act together against the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts, then we can look at the next Scum game. It is a rocky road right now, but still one step after the other ...

Edited by der Berliner

We shouldn't have talked about the title in the first place. We are a club with much to do after 4/5 years of abject neglect on all fronts. Before the season I would have been happy if we showed progression in our recruitment of players and a consolidation of the style of football we showed in a large periods last season. If we could combine these and make a decent challenge for the 2nd/3rd spots, that would be progress in my eyes.