Club Statement: Joey Barton suspended for three weeks

He hasn't been any better or worse than the collective tbh. On one hand it would be interesting to see what he would bring to the table in a fully function team but on the other hand, I fail to see why bought him as we already had Halliday, Holt and now Rossiter that can all play a deeper role.

It's a very common event!,managers sign players who sometimes don't work out!,nothing new in it!.

He hasn't been any better or worse than the collective tbh. On one hand it would be interesting to see what he would bring to the table in a fully function team but on the other hand, I fail to see why bought him as we already had Halliday, Holt and now Rossiter that can all play a deeper role.

And Crooks apparently, though we have yet to see what he can do.

Of course they do but signing him when we already had 4/5 players that could play there does seem strange. Especially when it was clearly evident that we needed to prioritise defenders

Agree with the defender comment however you would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't think before the season started that Barton was a quality addition.

Also it was clear at the end of last year we suffered from some serious lack of squad depth... i mean look at the SC SF when we didnt even have a full bench.

In hindsight its easy to criticize but in reality the vast majority of us were v.happy with Barton signing.

Of course they do but signing him when we already had 4/5 players that could play there does seem strange. Especially when it was clearly evident that we needed to prioritise defenders

Well I'm not going to try and read the managers mind,but I want the players to stand up and start getting wins,players let managers down by under performing,that's more important to me just now to keep us moving forward.

Let's not forget MW did try and get a CB in and we got Senderos!

Edited by ian1964

Agree with the defender comment however you would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't think before the season started that Barton was a quality addition.

Also it was clear at the end of last year we suffered from some serious lack of squad depth... i mean look at the SC SF when we didnt even have a full bench.

In hindsight its easy to criticize but in reality the vast majority of us were v.happy with Barton signing.

Barton was a risky signing,mainly due to his off field antics,but nobody can deny his quality and the fact he should be able to dominate in Scottish football,we keep being told what a mickey mouse league we play in!

If you have 5 midfielders and you were offered Messi then I think it is a no-brainer you would still sign him. I think Barton and Kranjcar are in the same category(not as good as Messi) in that Warburton considered they were a lot better than what we had. I think he thought with their skill and experience we could have competed with Celtic. Unfortunately it has not worked out like that. At least yet.