• Craig Houston
    • James Blair
    • Johnathan McGookin
    • Scott McCulloch
    • James Durrant
    • Kelly Johnstone
    • Brian Donohoe
    • Iain Martin

Many members will remember that early last year this forum raised a significant sum of money to be invested into the share purchase vehicles of that period. IIRC, just under £1600 was raised with six shares in the RST's Buy Rangers scheme purchased, as well as a lifetime membership in RF's Club 1872 scheme and a one-off donation to that group.

With the subsequent formation of the new Club 1872 fan group, these contributions were consolidated into two life memberships, enabling us to vote as a forum on matters surrounding the group going forward. For clarity, Bluedell was nominated as administrator of this Gersnet membership so please get in touch with him via PM if you have any questions.

One such important issue that now requires your input is that of the board elections for Club 1872 where seven people from a list of 15 candidates will be voted onto the inaugural board are now open. You can view each candidate's personal information and statement via the attached document (PDF file 415KB).

:: Club 1872 Elections - Personal Statements.pdf (<<< Click to download)

Notes

- Please select up to seven candidates only.

- Extra votes will make your contribution null and void (unless you withdraw the surplus).

- No member of the site staff will be making recommendations or sharing their personal votes.

- Gersnet voting will open at 3pm on the 22nd September and close at 3pm on 29th September (this is slightly before the 'official' midnight closing but this is for administrative reasons).

- Individual member's poll choices will be private but the consolidated results will be open to all until closing (i.e. no-one will know who you voted for and only the ongoing tally will be viewable).

- Finally, whilst over 40 forum members contributed at the time last year, all forum members can take part in this poll as the membership was bought on the site's behalf.

Edited by Frankie

Obviously, with the formation of the new Club 1872 fan group, these contributions were consolidated into one life membership, enabling us to vote as a forum on matters surrounding the group going forward. .

We have 2 life memberships, mate.

Thanks to Plgsarmy for sorting it out.

Donohoe is a very interesting one. I certainly dont like the way those running this vote are smearing him at every opportunity with a disclaimer against him in the CV's list. That is very poor show. Let the Bears work out for themselves who they should vote for. That warning video on the Club1872 site when they allowed BD to be on the hustings was a disgrace IMO. The guy making the announcement slaughters BD when he should be impartial and independent. And he is running the vote I believe! And then for Club1872 to put this onto the website for all to see when it is entirely irrelevant but for to smear a candidate who they clearly dont want to win also grates me. I dont know BD personally, I have seen him at several fans meetings in the past few years though and would think he would, on the face of it, be a good board member for ensuring good governance, vitally important to this organisation.

I am also very disappointed that this "election" has been heavily slanted from the get-go, just as I was advised weeks ago it would be. I know of one individual who sounded me out regarding an approach he had received by a club official to be on the board of Club1872 a few weeks ago before nominations were even open, and when asked about elections was told not to worry about it, the PR machine would sort that out (words to that effect). He politely declined after seeking advice from a few Bears who he trusts. This is very evident with some candidates getting great publicity and dark arts going against others.

It adds to my concern that Club 1872 is going to be merely a club puppet rubber-stamping club decisions and getting the fans on board with things the club wants. I will therefore be voting for those I believe will have the gumption to stand up to this. This therefore might be a different voting list to if I thought this was going to be a truly independent organisation. Sadly, this brings my voting list to quite a short list.

I am seriously considering stopping my 2 DD's for £18.72 & £11.25pm if I dont like how this turns out.

I must admit, whilst I think Club 1872 is a good idea and we need it to be a success, some of the politics and squabbling involved has been a right turn off for me.

Good luck to all the candidates though and lets hope the organisation can move forward once the board is confirmed.

Edited by Frankie

Donohoe is a very interesting one. I certainly dont like the way those running this vote are smearing him at every opportunity with a disclaimer against him in the CV's list. That is very poor show. Let the Bears work out for themselves who they should vote for. That warning video on the Club1872 site when they allowed BD to be on the hustings was a disgrace IMO. The guy making the announcement slaughters BD when he should be impartial and independent. And he is running the vote I believe! And then for Club1872 to put this onto the website for all to see when it is entirely irrelevant but for to smear a candidate who they clearly dont want to win also grates me. I dont know BD personally, I have seen him at several fans meetings in the past few years though and would think he would, on the face of it, be a good board member for ensuring good governance, vitally important to this organisation.

I am also very disappointed that this "election" has been heavily slanted from the get-go, just as I was advised weeks ago it would be. I know of one individual who sounded me out regarding an approach he had received by a club official to be on the board of Club1872 a few weeks ago before nominations were even open, and when asked about elections was told not to worry about it, the PR machine would sort that out (words to that effect). He politely declined after seeking advice from a few Bears who he trusts. This is very evident with some candidates getting great publicity and dark arts going against others.

It adds to my concern that Club 1872 is going to be merely a club puppet rubber-stamping club decisions and getting the fans on board with things the club wants. I will therefore be voting for those I believe will have the gumption to stand up to this. This therefore might be a different voting list to if I thought this was going to be a truly independent organisation. Sadly, this brings my voting list to quite a short list.

I am seriously considering stopping my 2 DD's for £18.72 & £11.25pm if I dont like how this turns out.

If a candidate states something that is patently untrue then I think Club1872 are right to inform the members. The members don't know if the legal or accountancy qualifications claimed by a candidate are legit or not, in that case I would be grateful if someone in the know told me.

Donohoe has made statements that are manifestly untrue, I know he's an ex politician and telling lies comes easily to them but it ain't good enough for Rangers.

Brian Donohoe states in his application that there is “every indication that half the contributions could well be handed over to the Football Club to meet expenditure that, it could be argued, is more the responsibility of the Club than any fans’ group”.

Mr Donohoe also states that he has “held a number of senior posts within Government”. Club 1872 has been unable to verify that this is the case. Mr Donohoe did serve as a PPS but the UK Parliament’s own website does not consider this a Government post and it could not accurately be described as senior.

Whilst Club 1872 have every right to clarify issues with any of the statements, some of the stuff about Donohoe seems very personal.

However, to say I'm not convinced by his behaviour as well is an under-statement.

I'm confident enough most members will vote accordingly but it's a shame people will vote along lines dictated to personality opinions or backgrounds. I suppose that is politics though.

I think the whole process, especially the hustings and their recordings, has been very well handled. The Donohoe stuff was unfortunate, however it is important that the information is correct.

I had never heard of most of the candidates but was encouraged by the quality and diversity across the board.

The most important thing is that those successful work together for the good of the members and that ego's and past differences are put to one side.