• Craig Houston
    • James Blair
    • Johnathan McGookin
    • Scott McCulloch
    • James Durrant
    • Kelly Johnstone
    • Brian Donohoe
    • Iain Martin

I dont care if any of them are female, male, white, black, or whatever, I want the best candidates for the job. As it happens I think at least one of the females would be a great board member and she gets my vote on her ability alone. I just dont get this numbers/ratios stuff. If all 7 were black catholic females but were all Rangers supporters and the best candidates, I would be delighted in the same way as if all 7 are white protestant males.

They are all candidates, no more, no less.

Disagree with you. A reasonably large part of our supporters group is female so they deserve representation. It does not have to be exactly 2 that was just giving a number. I think a balanced team is far more important than just picking the candidates with the highest pay group.

I never mentioned Blacks or Catholics by the way and it is not a brush you can tar me with. I have too many friends and relations who are Catholic to give a damn about that.

The disapplication of pre-emption is an extremely common occurrence in companies and given the amount of capital we need to raise over the next few years it is a necessity. There's only so much you can draw from the same well before it eventually gets emptied.

Whilst in the short term it undoubtedly will necessitate a dilution of the Club 1872 holding (a point that I don't think any of the candidates have adequately expanded upon or explained given the amount of loans we are carrying which in all probability will be converted into equity). However in the long run the disapplication could actually favour Club 1872 as it allows the company to release shares to Club 1872 whenever it suits even monthly.

One point that does concern me is in regards to the "projects", I see no reason at all why if Club 1872 pays for any "project" that RIFC cannot issue shares in exchange.

Disagree with you. A reasonably large part of our supporters group is female so they deserve representation. It does not have to be exactly 2 that was just giving a number. I think a balanced team is far more important than just picking the candidates with the highest pay group.

I never mentioned Blacks or Catholics by the way and it is not a brush you can tar me with. I have too many friends and relations who are Catholic to give a damn about that.

It's nothing to do with highest pay group. I'm with TB, the whole point of electing a Board of Directors is to elect those best suited to serve. Which means they have the best skill sets to promote, enhance and improve the organization. That should not be pre-determined based on age, religion, color, creed or gender. It should, quite simply, be the best people for the job.

Nobody is suggesting that females shouldn't be represented - but if any female candidates aren't as good as the remaining male candidates then, IMHO, that's tough. Best people for the job, always. Again, in my opinion.

It's nothing to do with highest pay group. I'm with TB, the whole point of electing a Board of Directors is to elect those best suited to serve. Which means they have the best skill sets to promote, enhance and improve the organization. That should not be pre-determined based on age, religion, color, creed or gender. It should, quite simply, be the best people for the job.

Nobody is suggesting that females shouldn't be represented - but if any female candidates aren't as good as the remaining male candidates then, IMHO, that's tough. Best people for the job, always. Again, in my opinion.

Surely knowing how it is to be a female supporter gives her a skill no man can possibly have so that in turn makes her the best man for the Job.

As a sidenote to the subject, did anyone else complete the online survey from Rangers yesterday ? I got through the "who is good/bad for football" bits but got bogged down and eventually bored with the "companies you associate with Rangers/football" stuff. Sad to report I gave up before the end.

In my opinion the whole exercise was a failure. Find out what the fans think and want. Sponsors will only ever come down to who is offering the most money and the fans opinion will get ignored anyhow.

Yes, I got it and done it all, it did go on quite some length and was clearly marketing material for a lot more than just Rangers. Of course it was fun going through all the celtic/aberdeen/motherwell are all bad for football and Rangers are great!

The brand awareness was boring but simple enough to click.

The matchday experiences (you might have given up before boabie!!) was interesting but was missing a few things I wanted on the list which are far more important to me than some of the things they listed.

All in all it was a very thorough survey which I hope we see completed in huge numbers and the feedback taken on board. It at least shows the club are trying to engage in many different ways to get fans opinions.

Surely knowing how it is to be a female supporter gives her a skill no man can possibly have so that in turn makes her the best man for the Job.

So just being female means she should be voted on ?

OK, so lets just say, in an extreme example, that the only female candidate was a previously convicted criminal - she should still be voted onto the Board just because she is female ? That would give an air of respectability to said board ?

Note : I considered using a real life example but the person I was going to use passed away in 2013 hence I found it a bit inappropriate to use that example.

You have picked me up wrong mate. I was in no way implying you have a problem with blacks or catholics, I was trying to say that in my view it is only the person standing that is of interest, not their background. I agree that a large enough proportion of our fanbase is female, but I disagree that they must therefore have female representation. Can a man not fairly represent women when talking about what we want as football fans for our club? Why can only a woman represent women?

I absolutely detest discrimination of any sort, and that includes positive discrimination. That was the point I was making, sorry if it didnt come off that way.

NO, I think if there are issues that relate purely to female Rangers supporters, (stewards body searches, toilets etc) then as a man our reps could listen to what the issues are, and act on them accordingly. They dont have to be women to be able to hear the problems and act on them.

So just being female means she should be voted on ?

OK, so lets just say, in an extreme example, that the only female candidate was a previously convicted criminal - she should still be voted onto the Board just because she is female ? That would give an air of respectability to said board ?

Note : I considered using a real life example but the person I was going to use passed away in 2013 hence I found it a bit inappropriate to use that example.

I think if you go back to my original post I did say that she has to have the necessary skills. With that I also mean that she is not a convicted criminal.

I think it is important to have a diverse range on the board. Every candidate has a unique selling point which will appeal to some but not others.

One of the main goals over the coming year will be to grow the membership. IMO a female on the board would be a selling point to many, similarly a disabled member and a Northern Irish member.

The biggest problem is the constant infighting and the 'he said/she said' nonsense. People have to let the past go and see the bigger picture of making Club 1872 successful.