Kenny Miller nicked over Old Firm wine bar brawl

KENNY Miller faces an assault charge over an Old Firm wine bar brawl.

The Rangers star, 36, was nicked days after we revealed he was at the scene of the row with wife Laura, 27.

His arrest follows a police probe into the bust-up at trendy Da Luciano in Bothwell, Lanarkshire.

Miller faces other as-yet- unknown charges after cops confirmed a report was sent to prosecutors.

A police spokesman said last night: “A man of 36 was arrested and is the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal.”

The Crown Office confirmed the case is under review.

A spokesman said: “The procurator fiscal at Hamilton has received a report concerning a 36-year-old male in connection with alleged incidents on September 10, 2016.

“The report remains under consideration.”

We revealed last Friday how the player’s missus Laura was slapped in the face after she was taunted over Gers’ 5-1 derby defeat to Celtic.

She suffered a black eye and scratched face as rivals kicked off.

Cops were called but no arrests were made.

CCTV was studied and the Millers were believed to have been quizzed at their Hamilton home.

The couple have two kids — Sloane, six, and Blake, three.

A Da Luciano spokeswoman refused to comment last night.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/7239236/Rangers-idol-Kenny-Miller-nicked-over-Old-Firm-wine-bar-brawl.html

Sack him now!!

Obviously i'm joking - although it amazes me that an incident that was portrayed as his wife being attacked by a tim has now turned full circle and he has been supposedly been arrested.

Of course with it being front page news in The Sun, it must be true, but i'm sure I will be forgiven if I wait to see if charges are actually brought first before I worry too much about this nonsense.

... I was just going to ask: is it normal that other culprits are named and shamed (town, district, street) and in this instance the attacking female is not. When she is clearly at fault?

I mean, perhaps there is a restriction on women ... then again, Miller's innocent wife and his children are named, as was his living place. Or is it - again - the case that the drunkess was a female Yahoo who's screened from the public by the usual mhedia blackout? At least till it is legally clear and cast into stone, that she's the offender?

Perhaps, every Rangers player et al should have a "body guard" who tapes all the niceties thrown at them and call the police?

His wife was assaulted, he stepped in to protect her, police interview him for a statement against the perpretrator and the Sun are spinning it.

If that is the case, our media department should remove the press credentials.

Matter of fact, we do need a stronger and more proactive action against the media. They feed off us not the other way round. And it cannot become much worse than it is anyway. And if they go on with it, sue them.