Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

BTW Did anyone think Barton had a good game against Celtic?

I don't rate Brown very highly but he seemed far better to me, and to cap it off Barton looked a bit foolish in the drop ball situation against him. Maybe it wasn't so bad, but framed in his boastfulness, it looked much more stark. However, I can' t think of anyone who showed much to admire in that game, including the managers.

If he comes back with the wrong attitude and starts arguing with MW,before his first training session,hell last10-15mins.

If he gets rattier as the week goes on hell last ,maybe 5 days.

If he comes in and apologises,knuckles down and shuts his big mouth ,he may last 2 years.

Take your pick!!

As he's not yet moved on, I think he'll be back IF he shows a bit more contrition (or at least a tiny bit of humility), and and shows more respect to the manager and the rest of the team.

He'll also have to get fit, and show some form in training.

I think MW has put him in his place and shown him he's not as big or important as he thought...

I can see him getting on the bench to start, as it would be a slap in the face to the other players to get straight back in the team, unless there are injury reasons.

Better players than Barton have not settled in right away or for a long time when the come to Rangers.

I think once he gets fully fit he could be a big player for us. I am not going to have a go at him after a few games, same as any other new player who has not settled in right away.

I hope he comes back and does more of his talking on the pitch rather than off it and shows us the good player he is.