Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

His suspension is up for the start of next week so he should be available for the ICT game.

However, it doesn't matter if he's kept up his fitness or not, I doubt the manager will consider him for at least another week and that's only if both parties consider the matter dealt with.

Thanks Frankie. Agreed I'd not expect him to be selected for his first game back. There's still work to be done behind the scenes and assessment of fitness etc, was more interested in timescales. I guess if MW want's to show that it's done as an issue he might get a place on the bench as a public statement, but I'd be surprised to see even that first game back.

I think whether Bartons plays for us again is entirely in his own hands. As others have said, if he knuckles down, trains well, respects the team/players/management, and starts to put in suitable performances, then he will play.

It is up to him to give the manager headache of whether to play him or not. If he doesn't come up to scratch, its a no brainer for MW.

His suspension is up for the start of next week so he should be available for the ICT game.

However, it doesn't matter if he's kept up his fitness or not, I doubt the manager will consider him for at least another week and that's only if both parties consider the matter dealt with.

Surely that can only be on Barton's side. He has served a 4 week in total suspension so from Warburton's side it should be a clean sheet. It will probably all depend on how bad their relationship has been fractured. I worked under a boss for about 5 years with a relationship that we could have drunk each others blood and it is a nightmare. Any perks or cushy jobs go to others, you have no chance of promotion or a pay rise and every day communication was totally nil unless it was negative. If Warburton and Barton have a similar relationship then the football side for joey will deteriorate and he would be better away.

Thankfully for the last 3 years I worked there I had the best boss I have ever worked under which made up for a lot.

Now been charged with betting on 44 games since joining Rangers.

Although none involved Rangers.

Did he know the rules regards betting?

Seems crazy a club can be sponsored by 32Red or dafabet and a trophy by William Hill but players can't bet on games in a competition they're not involved in.

The point here is that a) the SFA neatly waited till he had served is internal ban with us, and b) does (apparently) next to nothing to check out whether other Scottish based footballers bet as well. As such, they rely on blackmail and grassing ... which can be a rather one sided affair. If that betfair chap saw need to give Barton's data away, how about asking him for other people? Are we to expect that no other Scottish based footballer does any betting?

BTW, Rangers knew - much like us - that this was coming when the news broke. You would expect that they had pulled the trigger by now if they wanted to.

Edited by der Berliner

Joey Barton: Rangers midfielder charged with breaking gambling rules

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton has been charged with breaking rules relating to gambling on football matches.

The 34-year-old is accused by the Scottish Football Association of placing 44 bets between 1 July and 15 September this year.

Barton is due to return from a three-week club ban on Monday following an internal dispute.

The player has until 12 October to respond to the charge, with a hearing date set for 27 October.

SFA disciplinary rule 33 prohibits players, coaches, club officials and referees in Scotland from betting on football anywhere in the world.

In May, Partick Thistle midfielder Steven Lawless was given a six-match ban, with four of those suspended until the end of this season, after being accused of betting on 513 matches.

Two former Rangers players, Steve Simonsen and Ian Black, have also served bans relating to gambling rules breaches in recent years.

Dunfermline striker Michael Moffat served a four-game ban in 2014, when at Ayr United, after he was found guilty of placing seven bets on six matches involving his own team, as well as a number of other bets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37567674