Celtic Fan Gives Kenny Miller Abuse During Supermarket Meeting

Scottish football fans have expressed outrage today after Rangers striker Kenny Miller was heckled by a yob in a supermarket.

The video shows the Scotland star shopping in Asda when he is approached by the cameraman.

He asks Miller, “Kenny, you looking forward to the game?” to which the footballer replies “aye” before walking away.

But the cameraman then follows him, asking: “You looking forward to getting pumped?”

He then shouts “5-1 mate, hail hail.”

He again shouts “hail hail” before verbally abusing the striker using foul language [as seen in the original unedited video].

The shocking footage has angered Scottish fans after it appeared on social media yesterday.

Rangers fan Jamie Cameron branded the footage “embarrassing” on Facebook, while Celtic fans also went online to blast the actions of the cameraman.

Anthony McShane said: “I’m a Celtic fan and this is not acceptable the guy is just doing his shopping!

“Things have changed big time and this happens from a minority of fans from every support, if Kenny had said anything back then he would be in bother. It’s just not right”

Finbar Bryson said: “Kenny Miller is a Decent Guy. I’ve bumped into Him a fair few times over the years and he’s always happy to chat away. No need for the Name Calling.”

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/spfl/1058434/video-outrage-yob-heckles-rangers-star-kenny-miller-supermarket/?

I mind seeing Kris Commons out shopping at the Fort. Do you know what I did? Nothing. Left him to get on with his day. Controversial, I know.

I saw gus poyet at Gatwick last month. Same thing, go enjoy your travels.

Also had the distinct displeasure of sitting across from Neil Lennon in Lisbon airport a couple of years ago and was on his flight. What did I do ? Same as you stewarty, nothing. Much as I dislike the guy by informing him of that nothing is achieved. Indeed, it would have allowed him the victimhood status he so craves.

Got to love how they have to "balance" the Celtic fans. They have a fool abusing Miller.... they create the article and then have fellow Celtic fans lampooning the offender to show how Celtic fans are ashamed of his actions because they are better than that.

Compare and contrast to anything Rangers.

We would be labeled en made as knuckle draggers or worse. Indeed, the Cup Final incidents said Rangers fans invaded the pitch for a fight.... nothing about the fact that many, many Rangers fans said those on the pitch shouldn't have done so and no real mention of the provocation that led to it.

Scottish media reporting of Celtic and Rangers are polar opposites. Even in a negative story they try to portray Celtic and their fans as thoroughly decent people.... whilst deliberately attempting to portray everything Rangers in a negative light.

Got to love how they have to "balance" the Celtic fans. They have a fool abusing Miller.... they create the article and then have fellow Celtic fans lampooning the offender to show how Celtic fans are ashamed of his actions because they are better than that.

Compare and contrast to anything Rangers.

We would be labeled en made as knuckle draggers or worse. Indeed, the Cup Final incidents said Rangers fans invaded the pitch for a fight.... nothing about the fact that many, many Rangers fans said those on the pitch shouldn't have done so and no real mention of the provocation that led to it.

Scottish media reporting of Celtic and Rangers are polar opposites. Even in a negative story they try to portray Celtic and their fans as thoroughly decent people.... whilst deliberately attempting to portray everything Rangers in a negative light.

I just have the philosophy that when they are off the pitch they are just ordinary people like you and me. As I always say they also have to breath, eat, drink and shit just the same as everyone else. They also have a right to their privacy.

I have told on here before I was sitting next to Arthur Numan and his wife on a flight to Amsterdam with Bert Konterman and his wife in the seats in front. It was only when Mrs Numan started talking to me that I entered discussion with her. That was because other supporters had started talking to Arthur and asking for Autographs.

I have also stood pissing next to Kenny Miller in King Tuts when I was there watching a band so I can confirm he has to pee just like normal people. The only thing I said to him was Good luck tomorrow as I walked away. He replied with "thanks" I certainly wouldn't have said that to a Celtic player though I would just have walked away.

I just have the philosophy that when they are off the pitch they are just ordinary people like you and me. As I always say they also have to breath, eat, drink and shit just the same as everyone else. They also have a right to their privacy.

I have told on here before I was sitting next to Arthur Numan and his wife on a flight to Amsterdam with Bert Konterman and his wife in the seats in front. It was only when Mrs Numan started talking to me that I entered discussion with her. That was because other supporters had started talking to Arthur and asking for Autographs.

I have also stood pissing next to Kenny Miller in King Tuts when I was there watching a band so I can confirm he has to pee just like normal people. The only thing I said to him was Good luck tomorrow as I walked away. He replied with "thanks" I certainly wouldn't have said that to a Celtic player though I would just have walked away.

He shouldn't have been out the house, far less at a concert, the night before a game :ninja:

He shouldn't have been out the house, far less at a concert, the night before a game :ninja:

Ha you should have seen Derek Johnstone on a Friday night it didn't stop him having a few drinks in the Normandy Hotel Renfrew. Looking at Millers condition I doubt he was on any bevy although it was his first time round and still young.

I was alone in the lift up to the players lounge at Ibrox with Alan McGregor. From memory it was after a match against one of the "minor" teams. He'd made a great save only for somebody to bang in to make it 1-1.

He was obviously gutted and I just didn't have the heart to speak to him.

If you sit in the crowd shouting at players, calling them tits etc. for some people it's an automatic response to slag a player even if your not at a match. They are unable to distinguish between being amongst thousands and slagging a player face to face in a supermarket or a night club.

Maybe that's what Offensive behaviour at a football match is trying to change although if you can't call the opposition "diddies" etc. it would take something away from the atmosphere.