Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

Hill was with Dembele all the way - don't see how you blame him there.

He was the wrong side of him in the lead up to the goal.

Though it should be said that Hill had his best game in a Rangers shirt today.

Don't get me started on Kiernan.

Agree with the sentiment but if it were an either or I want the 3 points on Wednesday ahead of this. It's imperative to begin stringing together a run of results in the league and pushing up the table. Beating them is always to be desired but this cup gets us nothing. I would feel differently if it came with a Euro spot.

Europa league is the last thing we need. We'd start with qualifiers not long after the season ends and if we got through them (which I very much doubt that we would) we'd have Thursday night games holding us back next season. Afaiac, we have to stop them winning the league asap. This would screw up pre-season and then potentially the season itself.

Edited by SteveC

No complaints from me the way the result went. Gilks was great today and the fact it took a well taken goal like that is credit to the keeper.

As for us, massive improvements in defending but still miles to go overall. Most of our team is a level below them but put in 100%.

I see some progress. If we can challenge for second and maybe beat them once this season, it will be a good year.

No thanks.

I had low expectations for today but after watching that match I think we should beat them in both home fixtures.

Caveat: there is still some progress required with our attack.

Edited by ranger_syntax

Agree with the sentiment but if it were an either or I want the 3 points on Wednesday ahead of this. It's imperative to begin stringing together a run of results in the league and pushing up the table. Beating them is always to be desired but this cup gets us nothing. I would feel differently if it came with a Euro spot.

Watched Aberdeen yesterday and some of the St Johnston v Dundee game today. We have got to finish above that level of mediocrity.

At this point we don't need someone to replace Miller but rather someone to complement him. He's been our best striker this year. Sorry TB.

But completely agree, we needed a striker (not convinced by Garner though he does need game time) .

And we needed better at the back, yet strangely enough I thought we played well at the back today.

Miller is almost 37 and has scored 3 league goals this season.

No thanks.

I had low expectations for today but after watching that match I think we should beat them in both home fixtures.

Caveat: there is still some progress required with our attack.

It is worth pointing out that Warburton still hasn't had the luxury of playing Celtic at Ibrox.

I wanted it to be shouted, not whispered.....

HE STRIKES ME AS THE BETTER SHOT-STOPPER OF THE TWO.

But seriously, I just didn't understand the goalkeeper being the main talking point before this game. It was never going to affect the result. And in actual fact when it came to it, Gilks might just have given Warburton a headache.