Men on the post at corners.

Teams that put players on the posts , usually put the smallest guys there which usually proves pointless ,another small point , last year in a survey in the EPL players were asked how often they had cleared a ball off the line at a corner/ set piece when they were put on a post , the answer was hardly ever .The stats prove its a waste of time and manpower , it harks back to the olden days and should be left there .

Well I will just have to keep grumping about it then because I see goals on a weekly basis that would have been stopped with a player on the line.

Shouldn't need someone on the back post as the keeper should start the corner from mid to back of the goal. If he starts where he is supposed to then he should be able to cover the back post. Front post is a maybe for me.

Shouldn't need someone on the back post as the keeper should start the corner from mid to back of the goal. If he starts where he is supposed to then he should be able to cover the back post. Front post is a maybe for me.

That's mostly true but then you have the what if the keeper is drawn near post problem.

This is why criticism of super for having no one forward was a tad unfair.

You can't do it all.

Personally I prefer the more attacking compromise.

Teams that put players on the posts , usually put the smallest guys there which usually proves pointless ,another small point , last year in a survey in the EPL players were asked how often they had cleared a ball off the line at a corner/ set piece when they were put on a post , the answer was hardly ever .The stats prove its a waste of time and manpower , it harks back to the olden days and should be left there .

interesting survey, I did see the goal on MOTD and always though having players on each post was a must, maybe its just the risk you need to take.