Latest Joey Barton news: Remains suspended

But therein lies the problem. If the Club are waiting for the outcome of the SFA case regarding gambling then there is nothing they can do but wait, it prevents them from being decisive, through little fault of their own.

He wasn't suspended because of that though. Whatever has transpired has clearly soured Rangers towards him. But he shouldn't still be suspended he should be made to train with the youth team or something at least make him earn his money.

He wasn't suspended because of that though. Whatever has transpired has clearly soured Rangers towards him. But he shouldn't still be suspended he should be made to train with the youth team or something at least make him earn his money.

Would you honestly recommend having him train with the youths IF the rumours are true that this all started by him getting annoyed at being nutmegged by a youth/young player and then crunching same youth player in a tackle as retribution ??

He may not have been suspended because of that - but if the Club have decided they want rid of him but the easiest way, legally and financially, is to await the SFA hearing, then he will continue to be suspended. He was suspended, was told not to speak to anyone yet subsequently did and got a further suspension and, whilst serving the further suspension we found out about the betting thing, which in itself would also be a suspendable event.

So whilst the initial suspension may not have been for that, the reality is that his current suspension could very well relate to the gambling - I would argue that the fact that Barton asked the SFA for additional time to prepare his case against the SFA and the following day also asked the club to postpone his disciplinary hearing would suggest that he is currently serving a suspension for the gambling.

There are tmes in life when you have to move on.

FWIW after watching Wednesday night I think a MF of Barton, Halliday & Holt (with Barton the sitting MF) would be a more than decent MF. It would allow Halliday & Holt to push forward in their more natural roles rather thn constantly chasing back like they had to do on wednesday night

It isn't about a moral stance though, if they CAN use the SFA rules (no gambling on games) then it is a legal stance, not a moral one - certainly in terms of employment law.

Are you suggesting that because King had tax issues in SA that as long as he is our Club custodian then we will never be able to take the moral stance on anything ? I ask because Barton's situation is irrelevant to King's, and I'm not sure on what grounds you are linking the two.

I'm suggesting that both of them have had a past, that can be seen as be questionable. However King gets the chance to right those wrongs (with a second stint with us) but Barton doesn't. That's what i find annoying.

PS. I've got nothing against King and i'm glad he is at the club but the handling of this is an utter shambles! all we've done is just given our adversaries more scope to take the piss out of us and sell their newspapers!

There are tmes in life when you have to move on.

FWIW after watching Wednesday night I think a MF of Barton, Halliday & Holt (with Barton the sitting MF) would be a more than decent MF. It would allow Halliday & Holt to push forward in their more natural roles rather thn constantly chasing back like they had to do on wednesday night

How would it? Barton contributes very little.

How would it? Barton contributes very little.

Personally I think he took the blame for all our bad results. He was not great I admit but then who was. Barton was also motm at least once in the games that he played.