Is the Warburton magic starting to fade?

Of course I want us to be in Europe but don't want us to be a Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen etc., falling at early qualification that wouldn't help us much financially,but would rather that we are strong enough to face it.That is why I feel an extra year would help.

Nonsense - you only get better by playing better teams.

Anything lower than second is completely unacceptable. If he can't finish second then he isn't good enough. Do Aberdeen have a single player they spent a transfer fee on? That's the level we're up against.

This.

I look at Aberdeens team and there is not one player I would take from their team. Bang average team who cannot seem to get over the first hurdle in Europe.

Anything lower than second is completely unacceptable. If he can't finish second then he isn't good enough. Do Aberdeen have a single player they spent a transfer fee on? That's the level we're up against.

Agreed, and we are capable of securing 2nd place even considering our start to the season so far

For me:

I'd take second place in a heartbeat, but not exactly a success unless if we are double figures behind Celtic.

Third would need a bit of mitigation and be a big disappointment but probably not a sacking offence if reasonable progress is seen to be made.

Fourth I think is sack-able - unless there is massive mitigation and say a Scottish Cup win.

Fifth and lower means a sacking before the end of the season if it's unlikely we can finish higher...

We need to be real in that we are in a difficult situation but reality also shows it's not as difficult financially as the other SP teams, bar Celtic.

While you may in time be proved right, I don't see how anyone can make such a statement after two months.

Agreed - although I don't think he fits into our system at the moment.

It's worth noting he was a scoring sensation in League 1 in England - which is around the level of the lower half of the SPL. He did however struggle when promoted to the Championship.

He may well come good though with a team predominately on the front foot.

While you may in time be proved right, I don't see how anyone can make such a statement after two months.

While I agree, it's in the context of signing 11 more expensive players for a higher league and looking worse than last season. Some of them need to hit the ground running... and yer none have made themselves a regular pick - except maybe Clint Hill, due to injuries.

Agreed - although I don't think he fits into our system at the moment.

It's worth noting he was a scoring sensation in League 1 in England - which is around the level of the lower half of the SPL. He did however struggle when promoted to the Championship.

He may well come good though with a team predominately on the front foot.

With regards to Garner struggling in the Championship, Preston as a team struggled and indeed altered their style of play (to a more negative formation) to try and salvage their place in the league.

I hope he comes good but I would have chanced Sheffield Wednesday's arm and gone for Hooper. I got the impression that he was in his 30's but he is only 28 and knows the Scottish League. The Tims would have been beelin to