Is the Warburton magic starting to fade?

[quote=pete;651065Rangers need to get Mark Warburton out and get Walter Smith or Alex McLeish in now - Sports Hotline

Rangers FC

SOME Gers fans have had enough and think it's time for managerial change at Ibrox as Anthony Haggerty found out on today's Hotline .]

:brick::brick::crash::crash::crazy::crazy:

No real Rangers fans phone into the Rhebel hotline, so anything the Rhebel prints as supposedly coming from Rangers fans, is not the case. Haggerty has plenty previous in this regard.

We would all be better advised to stick to speaking to Rangers fans on forums, at the games, on the supporters buses etc to guage opinion. I have not heard one opinion that wants Warburton to go, despite his dreadful record in big games, poor transfer window and poor start to this season, everyone is very well aware of the restrictions, the situation the club is in financially and contractually, and are willing to give him time to mould things his way. I must have spoken to over 50 bears in the last couple of weeks from all over the place and this is the overwhelming feeling.

BAN THE RECORD NOW!!!!!!!

Garner is a terrible, bizarre signing.

While you may in time be proved right, I don't see how anyone can make such a statement after two months.

I have to agree Norris. He's being judged on a few cameo appearances in a team that is not exactly functioning properly. Give him time and games before judging him

What so far, if anything, has Garner shown us to suggest he is worth the transfer fee?

What so far, if anything, has Garner shown us to suggest he is worth the transfer fee?

Not a hell of a lot, but it doesn't refute the point that he needs more time. He needs a string of 90 minute games before we know what he can do for us.

For what it's worth, he scored at Parkhead and had Aberdeen riled at Pittodrie. Almost impossible to judge him on a 20-30 minute cameo here and there.

It's the price we paid for him that gets me. 1.6m is a shedload of money for us these days. You would have thought we'd fork that out on someone to build the team around.

I think some of our "big money" cash signings have been suspect so far e.g. MOH & Garner, also some of last years stars have not made the step up successfully e.g. McKay & Waghorn. That being said the manager has only been here one season and achieved what he set out to achieve namely get us into the top league. We are into season 2 of a project which is to get us to the top, winning the league and CL games at Ibrox. MW is due this season at least and probably next IMO before it would be time to say he has to go, as long as we make progress over this year finish 2nd if not first that will be success.

Next season will be the really big one, two transfer windows before then. The board will need to find money for the next step and the manager will need to buy wisely.

Crikey, the idea of McLeish being in charge again sends shivers up my spine. I think given his employment status people have finally cottoned on that the guy just shouldn't be in management at all.

This. If that was to happen you may as well tear down Ibrox. I don't care what happened over 10 years ago but as it stands McLeish is not a good football manager and is not the answer. Christ, even the thought of it is genuinely depressing