Souness calls on Rangers to splash the cash

Oof, have to respectfully comment on that one. :) You've been away a long time! ;) Around here a lot of places are about a fiver a pint, or not much less - although there are some bargains at Wetherspoons and other big chains.

Scotland might still be a bit cheaper but Glasgow city centre wasn't last year.

One place I disagree with you is just giving the money to the club - that's just giving it to the shareholders. I think there would have to be an equity swap for a fans group - and what you're talking about already has a similar vehicle.

LOL. Trust me, I know I was being generous cal. Was in London last week and WOW is all I can say - that said, the exchange rate was good so even at a fiver it was cheaper than Bermuda for a pint.... I was at the Shard in London last month with the wife and almost had a coronary when I saw that it was 16 quid for a cocktail :shock:

Oh I know that it is just giving money to the Club, and that will always be the stumbling block on such an idea - because there absolutely is validity on the whole "the shareholders should fund the club". Absolutely. But, and this is only my humble opinion, if we want a better team on the field then, given the Club's current circumstance, we could partner on the financial burden of it - again, as I said earlier, I appreciate that people contribute handsomely already via ST's and other means.

I just know that personally I would have no issue in providing some additional funding if it gave us the opportunity to get us challenging again, especially when the amounts aren't overly significant (to me at least).

The discussion of fans contributing has been disussed on here for a long time and fairly often and I think it should be looked at,some sort of membership?, I pay for my ST and also pay £5 a month for Rangers TV but would also consider this idea. It should be addressed at least,maybe by club 1872?.

Edited by ian1964

The discussion of fand contributing has been disussed on here for a long time and fairly often and I think it should be looked at,some sort of membership?, I pay for my ST and also pay £5 a month for Rangers TV but would also consider this idea. It should be addressed at least,maybe by club 1872?.

Yeah, I agree Ian - and it really is a case of "if you have it, would you give it".

I get the online ST even though I am sure I could get an illegal stream (another thing that irritates me.... many of those getting the illegal stream rather than paying RTV are the same ones that bemoan why we aren't spending money on players.... not talking about anyone on here obviously) because I know that my online ST payment is in some small way helping the Club out - not as much as a regular ST but still an official ST nonetheless.

I get RTV in that ST so don't have to pay the additional fiver a month - but I would happily pay that to get money into the hands of the Club to generate a transfer fund.

At the end of the day, there would be a bit of administration but if you don't ask you don't get. Currently we are providing zero to the Club for transfer fees (being simplistic and ignoring ST's etc) so if C1872 started a "transfer fund" which could then be donated to the club - even if we "only" generated 1 million quid it is still 1 million quid on transfers we didn't have previously.

My reason for even suggesting it is that I am absolutely sick and tired of THEM being ahead of us and know that spending money on the playing squad is needed. I would give what I could realistically to see us top of the pile again - it would be a small price to pay to see us there IMHO.

I understand not everyone would so inclined or even believe that we, the fans, should do this. Which is why it would clearly be optional and all fans of the Club get the benefit of those who donate - I don't see that being an issue at all - in a sense, it is just being self-less and looking to have a part of our social lives (Rangers) as successful as it can be.

Yeah, I agree Ian - and it really is a case of "if you have it, would you give it".

I get the online ST even though I am sure I could get an illegal stream (another thing that irritates me.... many of those getting the illegal stream rather than paying RTV are the same ones that bemoan why we aren't spending money on players.... not talking about anyone on here obviously) because I know that my online ST payment is in some small way helping the Club out - not as much as a regular ST but still an official ST nonetheless.

I get RTV in that ST so don't have to pay the additional fiver a month - but I would happily pay that to get money into the hands of the Club to generate a transfer fund.

At the end of the day, there would be a bit of administration but if you don't ask you don't get. Currently we are providing zero to the Club for transfer fees (being simplistic and ignoring ST's etc) so if C1872 started a "transfer fund" which could then be donated to the club - even if we "only" generated 1 million quid it is still 1 million quid on transfers we didn't have previously.

My reason for even suggesting it is that I am absolutely sick and tired of THEM being ahead of us and know that spending money on the playing squad is needed. I would give what I could realistically to see us top of the pile again - it would be a small price to pay to see us there IMHO.

I understand not everyone would so inclined or even believe that we, the fans, should do this. Which is why it would clearly be optional and all fans of the Club get the benefit of those who donate - I don't see that being an issue at all - in a sense, it is just being self-less and looking to have a part of our social lives (Rangers) as successful as it can be.

Gersnet should use their membership of club 1872 to ask the question?