Rangers v St Johnstone match preview.

Team selection will be interesting. League form has been ok last few games but does the team need freshening up or can some of the players play 3 games in 6 days (incl Kilmarnock on Saturday) - all 3 are in Glasgow so preparation and travel isn't an issue.

I would like to see O'Hallaran and Dodoo get more game time with the absence of Kranjcar and Forrester.

Surely O'Halloran should be given a run on the basis of knowing them inside out. He trained with them for years and he knows who he can skin and how best to skin them. I always felt as if that were one of the reasons there was a tendency for a player a club had sold to come up against them with his new club and give them a bloody nose.

Team selection will be interesting. League form has been ok last few games but does the team need freshening up or can some of the players play 3 games in 6 days (incl Kilmarnock on Saturday) - all 3 are in Glasgow so preparation and travel isn't an issue.

I would like to see O'Hallaran and Dodoo get more game time with the absence of Kranjcar and Forrester.

McKay & Waghorn have been off form for a while now so really MOH & Dodoo should be looking to start this one,will Hodson remain in the team?,if so who for?

I'd love to see this team

Gilks

Tav

Hill

Kiernan

Hodson

Rossiter

Halliday

Holt

MOH

Dodoo

Miller

But we'll get Wes in goal which is fine. Wallace at left back even though he's brought the team down lately. Maybe to soon for Rossiter. And up front we'll have Miller, McKay and Waggy I reckon

McKay should be rested, but i think we know he won't. Waghorn needs game time but so do others, MOH and Forrester (if he's fit).

I would start with MOH tonight and again on Saturday, if he doesn't perform in these two games then i think it's a bit part form him for a while i'm afraid to say.

I would like to see Garner get more of a game, but again i think MW would have to change the system to get the best out of him, don't see that happening any time soon?

It will be interesting to see how MW sets it up tonight, looking forward to it, i'm travelling up tonight and Saturday get my life back again haha.

FAST FACTS

Rangers are defending a 29-match unbeaten run in league matches against St Johnstone at Ibrox, with Saints’ last win coming in April 1971, although the Perth side have won at Ibrox in the League Cup on a couple of occasions in this period, most recently last season.

Rangers are unbeaten in their last seven league meetings, home and away, with St Johnstone, winning six and drawing once. However, the last defeat was also Rangers’ heaviest, going down 4-1 at McDiarmid Park in March 2010.

Rangers’ biggest league victory in the fixture occurred in October 1928 when Alan Morton and Jimmy Fleming both scored hat-tricks in an 8-0 win at Ibrox. More recently, Gers beat Saints 7-0 at McDiarmid Park in November 1998 to record their biggest post-war victory in the league.

Three players have scored 12 goals in this fixture and share the honour of top scorer – Alan Morton, whose goals came between 1924 and 1930; Alec Venters hit the target between 1934 and 1938 and Mark Hateley got his goals between 1991 and 1994.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/opposition-focus-st-johnstone-2/

Who said that Forrester is injured?

My team for tonight would be ...

Foderingham

Tavernier - Kiernan - Hill - Hodson

Holt - Halliday - Forrester

O'Halloran - Garner - Dodoo

Windass and Waghorn to come on later. After the rather dissapointing displays of the front three these last three games, IMHO it is time time change things and see what these three can deliver. They need game time too. Forrester should be the one creating chances for the front three and Holt.

Hodson could replace either wingback, he was that solid and deserves more games too.