Rangers v St Johnstone match preview.

... I'd play Dodoo on the left wing, MacK1950. Not least because he is actually a left winger ;)

Id give him a run there with O'Hallaran on the right. Through the middle should be Waghorn or/and Miller - get players in preferred positions.

I was quite taken aback by the shouts around us tonight,two guys almost came to blows just in front of us!,there is a real frustration coming from the fans,and some terrible shouts/screams of get the ball up the park,long ball,long ball...................really pissed me of tonight!,I hope it doesn't continue as I can't see how this will help the team!,crazy!

Same where I sit too Ian, minus the blows:crazy:

I got what i was hoping for, a start for MOH, Forrester, Garner and Windass. I think they all had a good game, if Windass's screamer had went in we would be saying we are on the right path to a good season. But it didn't and at 1-1 i was left frustrated tbh.

My biggest frustration tonight was playing the ball out from the back, it was dire, big Ford seams slow and ponderous with the ball at his feet, his distribution is terrible, add to that players constantly passing the ball back to him, not under any pressure i add, but just because they can. Result is our build play up is slow, ponderous to the point of negative.

I am not advocating long ball tactics, no one wants to go back to the dark days hit and hope, but we need to find a middle ground where we can get the ball moving forward at pace and stop the bloody unnecessary constant back passes to the goalie.

Did i say MOH, Forrester, garner and Windass were good tonight? They deserve another start on Saturday from that performance from them tonight.

I got what i was hoping for, a start for MOH, Forrester, Garner and Windass. I think they all had a good game, if Windass's screamer had went in we would be saying we are on the right path to a good season. But it didn't and at 1-1 i was left frustrated tbh.

My biggest frustration tonight was playing the ball out from the back, it was dire, big Ford seams slow and ponderous with the ball at his feet, his distribution is terrible, add to that players constantly passing the ball back to him, not under any pressure i add, but just because they can. Result is our build play up is slow, ponderous to the point of negative.

I am not advocating long ball tactics, no one wants to go back to the dark days hit and hope, but we need to find a middle ground where we can get the ball moving forward at pace and stop the bloody unnecessary constant back passes to the goalie.

Did i say MOH, Forrester, garner and Windass were good tonight? They deserve another start on Saturday from that performance from them tonight.

IMO Forrester and Windass were average tonight.

The problem we seem to have is MW doesn't know his strongest side yet?

Our defence seems to pick itself with Foderingham, Tavernier, Wallace, Kiernan and Wilson (when fit) playing full 90 minutes every game. If you look at the midfield and attacking positions it tells a different story.

Players in these positions to play a FULL 90 minutes (after 17 matches in all comp's):

10. Halliday

9. McKay

5. Holt, Waghorn, Miller

4. Barton

3. Forrester, O'Halloran

2. Rossiter, Kranjcar, Windass

1. Garner, Dodoo

Injury (and 'someone' else) has played a part in the above stats of course with Holt, Rossiter, Waghorn, Windass, Dodoo and more recently Kranjcar being out injured at one time or another.

It's no wonder things haven't quite worked out the way we hoped.