Rangers v St Johnstone match preview.

I empathise with that but if we were to end this season with 60 points from a possible 114 and sitting minimum second I would take that. It's a season of adjustment.

Oh, I'd bite your hand off for second as that's as high as we can possibly hope to get as things stand.

Edited by SteveC

Wasn't there tonight but caught bits on stream. As soon as they scored I just knew that a draw would be the best we could expect.

MW signings, MW tactics - Mark, be true to yourself and walk.

Rangers is way, way, too big for your ' experiments'. Before it gets really nasty.

Few pass marks tonight pick of bunch O'Halleron,Wallace was dreadful and I would like to see Gilks back in goal Foderingham slows things down too much and it is easy to see why he tries to play short balls his kick outs are dreadful.

The worst person on the park was the referee he was absolutely atrocious.

Teams have now learned to press us higher up the field and put pressure on the back four playing the ball out. We are far too slow in our build up which then lets the opposition to get behind the ball.

St Johnstone were well drilled tonight and had the better chances in the second half to win the game,

We huffed and puffed and couldn't blow their house down.

Frustrating and disappointing.

We should not be dropping point at home. Blown a real chance to go above Hearts and St Johnstone, Aberdeen likely to get beat off them on Sat and if we beat Killy, we're second with at least a point. Team looked good and played well, why we're not scoring I don't know! O'Halleron was outstanding, I hope he gets a run out now.

We're not scoring because we really struggle to break teams down. For me there's too little movement upfront and lack of creativity in the midfield, resulting in us dancing around the box then ultimately passing back to the defence/GK.

I agree that MOH had a good game. Our best chances were a result of him getting to the byline and drilling in a cross. I'd like to see him start on Saturday too.

Ultimately it's clear that teams now know how to play against us. Short passing from the back doesn't work when teams press us high up the park. Far too many heart in mouth moments as a result. In the end Fod hit the ball long (not helped by many fans screaming at him) which consistently handed the ball back to St Johnstone.

Extremely frustrating game/ result. Good chance wasted and I think the manager has to accept most of the blame for that.

Few pass marks tonight pick of bunch O'Halleron,Wallace was dreadful and I would like to see Gilks back in goal Foderingham slows things down too much and it is easy to see why he tries to play short balls his kick outs are dreadful.

The worst person on the park was the referee he was absolutely atrocious.

I don't really have much constructive to say about tonight. I have to be honest, I thought for the most part we were awful, just terrible. There is no creativity, what little we had in Nico has gone now. I actually get the impression there are quite a few who are getting fed up watching the same toothless pish. The same again at the end with only a few minutes left we are at the fanny at the back? Wes ended up he cant even find a man, after a Sunday stroll up to the ball? In contrast to watching on the Telly, when your at the game(loose term) you see or I see that there are large parts of the game when the side just look demotivated, there is no fear of losing, they are not really that bothered and anyone of them that tells you that, as a team, they are, I feel is being disingenuous.

Its brain damage watching it at times. I appreciate its been worse in the eyes of many with Ally however at the moment its dire at times. I will always go to the match as that's just me, however don't be surprised if the attendances start to fall away. I'm not condoning that before anyone slaughters me, its just an observation. I'm not even going to say that we could improve on Saturday, we wont, I'm afraid this is it until maybe we get some help in January but to be honest its going to be a long long long few years by the looks of it.

Wasn't there tonight but caught bits on stream. As soon as they scored I just knew that a draw would be the best we could expect.

MW signings, MW tactics - Mark, be true to yourself and walk.

Rangers is way, way, too big for your ' experiments'. Before it gets really nasty.

So w hats your answer , sack him with what , hire a new management team with what , buy new players with what , we have no money , no retail deal , litigation up to our arm pits , and with a new manager he would need to use the same players as WE HAVE NO MONEY .

This is a year of transition and settling in , like it or lump it , we were never going to win the league this year , expectations amongst our support is absolutely mental .

I was disappointed we didn't win tonight but I think we're heading in the right direction although not as fast as we'd like.

I thought MOH proved tonight he should always be in our starting XI. We need to start scoring more goals and if he can get decent deliveries into the box that will go a long way to solving that problem.

What did concern me tonight though was our MF constantly getting overrun & outnumbered. Both Halliday & Holt seemed out of sorts tonight for some reason. I'm not yet convinced by Windass so maybe if Rossiter returns as the sitting MF player that will allow Halliday & Holt to push forward in their more natural roles. Halliday isn't a defensive MF player & I genuinely thought Barton would fill that role this season.Not to be though.

The other thing that concerned me tonight was us trying to play out from the back when St Johnstone had pushed up. In those circumstances we need to play a long ball whether we like it or not. Whilst I'm not 100 percent convinced about Garner yet we now have the option of that long ball and if he does hold the ball up as he did tonight he might just start to change my mind. And he took his goal well too.

Edited by RANGERRAB