[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

agree we are years off but disagree with the manager part. A large part of our current problems stem from him, way way more so than a lack of transfer money has. If we spent double what we did this year we would be only papering over the cracks.

I certainly agree with your last sentence so lets swing back to what seems to be our only point of disagreement - the manager. Who would you have instead? I can't imagine anyone coming in and doing much in a two horse race where one horse is hobbled and the other horse has everyone, absolutely everyone, working for their side. At least MW wants to play football even though he doesn't have the players for it and maybe he can't pull it off but I'm not sure what the alternative is - hammer throwers' contest for exactly the same league position? What other manager, who believes in football, would take up the challenge - and it is a daunting challenge that will be thermonuclear if they close in on 9 and 10 - and be an improvement worth allowing the settling in period for?

Edited by SteveC

What excuses are they you are on about?, because we got outclassed by a cracking Leipzig team?

Like the one you have just used.stop talking about Leipzig and talk about how our players hadnt a fucking clue about what they were meant to be doing.

Leipzig lost 5-1 to Ajax last week.Youre surely not saying we were even average.

Like the one you have just used.stop talking about Leipzig and talk about how our players hadnt a fucking clue about what they were meant to be doing.

Leipzig lost 5-1 to Ajax last week.Youre surely not saying we were even average.

I have not put up any excuses!, I know what we are and I certainly didn't think we could compete with that team!,did you?

I have not put up any excuses!, I know what we are and I certainly didn't think we could compete with that team!,did you?

I was naive enough to think we'd have gave Leipzig something to think about...alas we were very very poor.

I agree. We were handed a football lesson by a team that was committed.

It was better organized, fitter, bigger, faster, stronger - a calibre apart.

The next player we acquire must cost us a few quid and be a leader around whom we can build a team.

Truth is we're simply not ready for this calibre of opposition yet even if only a friendly. This team aren't second in the bundesliga for no reason.

Between now & the summer we must get a squad in place to get us into the EL group stages. That won't be easy & we must consider all options including loan signings. Up front is where I think we must look at as a priority. We must get someone in ( maybe on loan) capable of getting more goals than we're getting at present

Stupid decision to even play against a team of that calibre. What was the point?, all of us know(well most) we ain't good enough to challenge at that level. All for keeping up match fitness but against someone more of our level. That performance and result can only demoralise.

I was naive enough to think we'd have gave Leipzig something to think about...alas we were very very poor.

I was naive enough to think we would get into their half before the 72nd minute.

Based on what?, we are still a work in progress, I await the '' same old excuses'', and there is no chance we would even compete with a top quality team like Leipzig when we have a team full of players who are not close to that level