Would the fans, in an attempt to stem the tide, assist the club in raising a substantial transfer kitty to ensure it doesn't happen if Celtic get to 7, 8 or 9 ? It is an interesting proposition if it gets that far and there would be more at play than just having the money to compete....

I think if it gets to 8 then our fans will start to feel like we need to do something...

What's the achievement if you vote for your only competitors not to be in the league, and you have therefore won titles not on the pitch?

#TaintedTitles #WorthlessTitles

Their tainted titles should go down in history along with our many war time titles. We would have been the first to 9IAR if ours had been included.

We should never have been in the position where the vote was possible. Did we honestly expect them to vote in our favour?

I don't expect that from them due to who they are - but I would expect anyone fair-minded and with integrity, to at least abstain. With those with the good of Scottish football at heart, I would expect them to vote to keep us, perhaps with a punishment.

I think that's what most of our boards would have done, and most of the fans. We've never kicked them when they were down - they almost went bust once and we did nothing against them or even slightly wished them gone. We have also helped other clubs in financial trouble in our history.

Although, I still don't really understand what we need punished for that didn't already happen naturally - we have already lost far, far more money than we ever saved. The irony for them is that they are guilty of the same thing, albeit on a small scale, and many of their shareholders and employees are now suffering from the clamp down on tax avoidance. They have absolutely no moral high ground - they did it out of hatred and self interest.

Rangers legend John Brown says he doesn't fear Celtic will go on to win Ten In A Row

06:00, 4 Nov 2016

By Gordon Parks

Bomber threw his weight behind Mark Warburton getting it right and ensuring the Hoops don’t add many more to their five titles on the spin.

JOHN BROWN insists Rangers will loosen Celtic’s grip on the Premiership title long before 10 in a row.

The Ibrox legend believes Light Blues boss Mark Warburton’s rebuild remains a work in progress but maintains he’s the right man for the job.

Bomber threw his weight behind the Englishman getting it right and ensuring the Hoops don’t add many more to their five consecutive league championships.

He said: “I don’t worry about 10 in a row. Can you hold your breath for four years? It’s a long time, a lot of things can change.

“ Rangers will be a force again next season and will be a hell of a lot stronger.

“The manager is getting to grips with what is required for the Premiership. It’s about winning games.

“You’re in a city with two teams – well actually you’re in a country with two teams. No disrespect to the rest but none of them is going to win the Premiership – it’s either Rangers or Celtic .

“Celtic have the financial advantage, especially with the Champions League money, but you have to remember they reinvested in a new manager when the previous one was a short-term thing and the team suffered.

“They’ll continue to look to get young guys in that they can move on in a couple of years for a big profit. Moussa Dembele has been a great signing, for example.”

The 54-year-old, who played a big part in the nine-in-a-row era at Ibrox, admits humbler ambitions have to be accepted for the time being.

Brown insists a second-place finish this season behind Celtic would constitute a success and he’s adamant he’s seen signs of improvement after a poor start to

the campaign, which included a 5-1 humiliation to their Old Firm rivals.

He said: “The standard and performances are improving. The Celtic result was obviously the blip.

“It will take time to close the gap because we need to build the club back up again. This season it was always going to be a tall order to be challenging Celtic. Who is to say the gap won’t close?

“Realistically, second place will be a great result for this club this season. This club is all about winners but from where we’ve been in recent years it was always going to take time.

“The manager has a solid base. Players like Andy Halliday and Jason Holt are having a much bigger impact on matches now.

“Josh Windass is back, Matt Crooks is almost there and Michael O’Halloran did well against Kilmarnock at the weekend.

“There’s a freshness there and that will be pleasing for the manager.”

Warburton has been criticised for a recruitment drive which has failed to deliver consistent performances.

But Brown is convinced the flak comes with the territory. He said: “You are going to get stick when you’re managing the Old Firm. I think Mark has done very well.

“He got us through the Championship, got us to the Scottish Cup Final and beat Celtic along the way. After that the fans perhaps got a bit carried away.

“I always say we need to assess after the first quarter, see where we have to improve. Saturday was the most convincing win and performance we’ve had all season.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-legend-john-brown-says-9191857

The ten SPL chairmen who voted Rangers out the SPL may well have a problem if Whyte is found guilty of a fraudulent takeover.

Punishing a club which was the victim of a crime could have serious repercussions for some.

That would be the logical consequence. In the real world they will claim they worked in good faith and for the good of the game ... and no judge in Scotland will see it any different. Likewise, if you sue them or the SPFL, they would go broke in no time.

10 in a row for them isn't the same achievement as 9IAR was for us. They've essentially had no competition and I'm including this year. I hope we start challenging seriously soon, but this 5 years down the line bandwagon stuff is boring. There's a little bit too much love being thrown at this Celtic team just now. I hope they keep believing the hype as it'll be their downfall

We didn't have much competition for many of them, I recall Motherwell "challenging" (not) in second place, though we would probably have lost fewer games had we been being pushed.

I agree with gunslinger, as I also don't think folk realise how much harm was done to us or, rather, maybe they do but not how long it will take to recover from it. Obviously, I hope that we stop them but I see them heading for 8 before we can challenge and that's only if we improve all the way to there and they go backwards. That doesn't leave a lot of scope for us to stop it and the chances are they will be strengthening all the time. We'll really need to be ready for almighty tussles if they are going for 9 and, perish the thought, ten.

Edited by SteveC