Rangers want a Premier League loan signing in January but who?

Well, we lose a creative midfielder and they come up with a list that has about one that could be ranked in that category. Maybe MW uttered the word "loan" on purpose,only to sent the media folk scrambling for any would-be option out there ... and deflect from real targets.

Unless I am mistaken, the Scandinavians have a winter shut down anyway, so perhaps we look over there for some more permanent recruit ...

EDIT: Steven Davis extended his contract at Soton this summer, till 2019. He's 31 now.

dB - the Davis referred to is not Steven but the great Harold Davis from the sixties! He was a sort of minder for Jim Baxter.

Shock horror, Daily Rhebel in more made up pish to fill their ever-decreasing circulation desparate rag.

By all means have the debate about who we may or may not want to bring in next window, but FFS can we leave the Rhebel's fiction out of it?

As an aside I saw Winks play for Spurs in the last 15 mins or so v Bayer at Wembley and he touched the ball once i think. Spurs fans around me were quite mixed about him coming on, some positive and some groans. I was relieved to read Pocchetino say it was a dreadful performance by Spurs, as if that was their normal play I would be worried for them. Spurs played just like Rangers although with a different set-up (4-2-3-1), it played out much the same, with the very slow build up play from the keeper to the split centre backs or diagonal to the pushed up full backs to start the move, 30 -40 passes later they have got absolutely nowhere and eventually a poor final ball into an empty box was never going to hurt an organised defence. Lots of time of possession, but very little in the final third and a severe lack of a killer pass or bit of skill to go past a man. It took me an hour to realise that the total diddy playing right wing who had done nothing except give the ball away or run into his man was Sissoko who they bought for £30MILLION from relegated Newcastle. The world has gone mad I tell you!

WMaybe MW uttered the word "loan" on purpose,only to sent the media folk scrambling for any would-be option out there ... and deflect from real targets.

He's crafty, just throwing them a line to get them off his case about the January window which he most certainly isn't going to talk to those cretins about in any detail.

Perhaps Ball could return, I think he has been missed and he isn't getting into Spurs team now with the riches they have.

It seems we have good relations with both North London clubs and whilst only 15 years ago we were the bigger outfit we should still take their talent on loan where possible now.

Perhaps Ball could return, I think he has been missed and he isn't getting into Spurs team now with the riches they have.

It seems we have good relations with both North London clubs and whilst only 15 years ago we were the bigger outfit we should still take their talent on loan where possible now.

He signed for Rotherham mate