Rangers want a Premier League loan signing in January but who?

Whoever he is, I do hope he's a centre half.

That would not exacty helping us win more games and only solve a small part of the current problem. And no matter whom we sign, do not expect us not losing goals thereafter. Silly ones or sublime stuff.

That would not exacty helping us win more games and only solve a small part of the current problem. And no matter whom we sign, do not expect us not losing goals thereafter. Silly ones or sublime stuff.

We'd be 6-8 points better off this season with a proper defender in place of Kiernan.

We'd be 6-8 points better off this season with a proper defender in place of Kiernan.

Not sure about that - if we leaked one less goal in every game we'd have saved a maximum of 9 points which is just one more than your top end.

But that would be 8 less goals, for a total of 5: 4 against Celtic and only 1 solitary goal in 11 games against the rest - Aberdeen. That's incredibly unrealistic. To be fair if you want to adjust it to suit the argument, 2 of the games don't count for points with 2-1 wins, so at best 3 goals in 11.

I think your top end is at worst 4 goals in 11 games and your low end 5. That would require a top class defence with less attacking tactics. It has to be said Walter achieved something similar when he took over from Le Guen, but I doubt we can find another Weir, Ehiogu and Webster for the money we have for their wages, even though they were free IIRC.

I think that's what DB is alluding to. One half decent defender on our wage scale, is not going to change a not horrendous 8 goals in 11 games to something a lot better that brings us loads of points - and even good players make mistakes, or don't stop other players from doing so, and the opposition can still score good goals.

Our biggest problem, that has the potential give us more bang for buck, is our scoring form at 15 goals in the 11 games outwith Celtic. Another 7 goals could potentially have brought us another 13 points - and 22 goals in 11 games, where you dominate, is not that special and to be expected of Rangers.

We just needed to score 0.64 goals more per game to get to 2.0 a game, to be top of the league by two points having played a game more.

Moneyball Maths says get the attack sorted out.

Edited by calscot

To be fair, Hill and Wilson are looking more solid as the weeks go by. But if either is missing we do leak goals. I'm not asking for a Weir or an Ehiogu, someone who does the basics without fannying about like Kiernan would do. But I agree we need someone to put the chances away.

We're a great team if you overlook the fact that we can't score and we can't defend :D

Edited by Norris Cole