George Alexander Taylor - 7,575,000

Mash Holdings Limited - 7,265,000

Alexander Easdale - 5,256,110

Club 1872 - 5,093,326

Douglas Park - 5,000,000

River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP - 4,704,827

George Letham - 3,299,515

so club 1872 could negate the Easdale block

I disagree with the purchase. This is fans' cash that is NOT going to the club.

Has the policy of purchasing shares from third parties been approved by the members of C1872?

Members have approved such acquisitions from external sellers BD.

I believe there are pros and cons from this type of acquisition - as you correctly point out the money does not go directly into the club.

However a whole bunch of shares are now in the hands of people who have the best interests of the club at heart - rather than available to those who dont.

Members have approved such acquisitions from external sellers BD.

When did they approve that? Was there specific approval that this cash should be used to repay third parties rather than get used for the good of the club?

I

believe there are pros and cons from this type of acquisition - as you correctly point out the money does not go directly into the club.

However a whole bunch of shares are now in the hands of people who have the best interests of the club at heart - rather than available to those who dont.

Is it likely that those who don't have the best interests in the club are going to increase their shareholdings? Have they done so since the current board were in place?

I don't currently contribute and I'm not likely to change that knowing that any cash that I contribute will not be going to the club.

When did they approve that? Was there specific approval that this cash should be used to repay third parties rather than get used for the good of the club?

I

Is it likely that those who don't have the best interests in the club are going to increase their shareholdings? Have they done so since the current board were in place?

I don't currently contribute and I'm not likely to change that knowing that any cash that I contribute will not be going to the club.

BD

If you look at the terms of the original proposal there were 3 options identified for the acquisition of shares :-

The proposed split of funds following the launch of Club 1872 is as follows.

47.5% - to purchase shares in RIFC. This may be through share purchases from existing

shareholders, as part of future share offerings initiated by RIFC or through the provision of loans

which are converted to equity.

Regarding your 2nd question - that is not known - though a no. of shares were traded several weeks ago and the identity of the buyer could not be ascertained. Furthermore as some have indicated on this thread already - increasing the shareholding increases the chances of passing certain resolutions at AGM.

I have no issues with club 1872 sourcing shares from all avenues available to them , the more shares they can get hold of the better for us as a club .I understand the argument of money not going to the club but that IMHO was never a realistic " only purchasing option " , once shares are released its game on .

BD

If you look at the terms of the original proposal there were 3 options identified for the acquisition of shares :-

The proposed split of funds following the launch of Club 1872 is as follows.

47.5% - to purchase shares in RIFC. This may be through share purchases from existing

shareholders' date=' as part of future share offerings initiated by RIFC or through the provision of loans

which are converted to equity.

[/i']

That is the blanket policy. Would it not have been better to ask members what their preference was with that lump of cash?

Surely it's easy to set up a poll on the website?

Edited by Bluedell

That is the blanket policy. Would it not have been better to ask members what their preference was with that lump of cash?

Surely it's easy to set up a poll on the website?

But surely you can't just keep waiting to take up your rights at any future share issue , your % would stay the same , the only way to get to 25% plus 1 is by buying via the open market , unless any of the current board are willing to dilute their shareholding .

I see the point of the money not going to the club, but also see the point of increasing the shareholding.

There is also the problem of not having a vehicle to give money to the club, and I don't think they can't just sit on the cash indefinitely, with it doing nothing for fan ownership in the bank.