Club 1872 Share Purchase Announcement

Bluedell do you agree though that if you limit your scope of share buying to future share issues , club 1872 might never reach 25plus 1 % , I really can't see what's the issue with buying from the open market

Bluedell do you agree though that if you limit your scope of share buying to future share issues , club 1872 might never reach 25plus 1 % , I really can't see what's the issue with buying from the open market

RBR,

Ive only seen positive feedback from members regarding the latest acquisition (thats not to say there been no negative which I may have missed) funnily enough the most criticism seems to be coming form non members.

I take on boardd Bluedells comments however - particularly regarding the speed of process- there would be nothing to stop us polling members on this issue & I would be happy to take it forward.

This is where I have an issue with the current board , there is no need at this present time for them to swap their investment for equity , but that's exactly what is planned , so in effect they are getting their money back at a time when you quite rightly point out we desperately need cash . We still have no retail nor commercial deals to speak off. , the playing squad needs serious investment away from free transfers , yet the agenda seems to be directors getting their money back pronto .

They need a greater share to safeguard us.

I'm not saying it should be limited in all cases. However given the club's financial position and the current make up of the board I feel it's currently more important for the club to get cash than for C1872 to move towards 25%.

I can't get too excited about the 25% anyway. You use all your money to get there and a rights issue happens a month later and you could be back down to well below it.

So if the Easdale block become available club1872 shouldn't try for them , there would be an outcry

If we are talking hypotheticals then if you have the choice between giving cash to the Easdales or giving it to the club to prevent Celtic winning the league next season what do most go for?

As I said, there may be cases when you want to purchase the open market but funding the club is more important to me than getting shares 6months earlier.

If we are talking hypotheticals then if you have the choice between giving cash to the Easdales or giving it to the club to prevent Celtic winning the league next season what do most go for?

As I said, there may be cases when you want to purchase the open market but funding the club is more important to me than getting shares 6months earlier.

In that I agree , which is why I'm against a debt for equity swop

The folk with most to gain from any success we might gain are the board BD.

It's early days yet and I'd reckon our guys gaining total control over the business by holding shares is the most important thing. I wouldn't put it past Ashley to hoover up any available shares simply to allow him to give us midgie bites every so often, costing the club money.

Gain control through shares and let our boardroom of millionaires fund the squad or whatever.

I said a while ago that top six is the best or worst we'd get. Next season will take care of itself.

The exact percentages of how our investments are used is something I'm oblivious of. I just hand my money over trusting that there are guys working in our best interest.

Both Bluedell and forlansister have a much greater knowledge of these things than I do and as a rule of thumb I nearly always listen and learn from their posts .

However at this precise time in our rebuilding , when we have no retail or any great commercial deals , sponsorships etc , and we are relying on free transfers or low cost players , I fail to see how any future share issue ( and I'm plucking figures out the air here ) , where of a possible £20 million injection into the club , £10 million is on a swap basis that sees only £10 million go into the coffers . Yes our balance sheet looks tremendous , but I've yet to see a balance sheet that can score a goal .

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you suggesting that in your example £20m should go into the club?

£10m has already gone in presumably with the understanding that it would be turned into shares. If there is an issue and it gets in additional cash then what's the problem in turning the loans into shares as previously promised? It's not going to result in any less cash going into the club. The issue will presumably be structured to maximise the cash coming into the club while also taking care of the loans.

Sorry BD I must be getting the wrong end of the stick here , the way it was getting discussed elsewhere was if for example there were £20 million worth of shares being issued but those directors who had coughed up the soft loans were due £10 million , then there would only be £10 million coming into the club as the other £10 million would be getting converted to shares due in place of the loans , if that's not the case then I'm wrong about this