Barton - Contract Terminated

Enter the media trolls in dire need to give a verdict ...

Anyway, here's Barton's message to us:

I'd like to thank the supporters of Rangers for their incredible support during my time at the club. Wish you all the best for the future.

— Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton) November 10, 2016

Good luck Joey & all the best for the future.

Must admit I wouldn't have signed you but it has always seemed to me you spoke your mind after that 5-1 hammering & our manager & others didn't like that. Pity we don't have more in our team prepared to stand up & question some of the poor performances this season.

We've four games between now & year end against Hertz(2), sheep & the yahoos. I don't need to stress how important these are for our manager's future do I ?

Allow me to rephrase that then.

Why did you mention what he said?

Here is a clue - do you yourself believe a word of what he is alleging ?

Maybe I posted it to give an insight into the shyte that mob are being fed on a daily basis ?

Why so serious ? If you don't like it, ignore it. It's that simple.

......Estimates of his salary ranged anywhere from £16,000 a week to £26,000.

Most settled at about £20,000........

We don't know how much money the Scottish Premiership club had to part with in the divorce settlement, but he knows his own value and his representatives wouldn't have been soft touches in the negotiations.

It's hard to know for sure if Warburton took Barton aside after his goading of Brown and told him to knock it off and get his head in gear - but if he did, Barton didn't seem to pay much attention.

His behaviour, it has become apparent, began to get out of line behind the scenes. The dressing-room got fed up with his hectoring, his big-time routine.

After such a drubbing, harsh words needed to be exchanged, for sure - but Barton had been indulged to such an extent by that point that he shouted and bawled at his manager in a way very few professional footballers would.

That was Barton's fault, but also Warburton's. A manager creates the mood at a club. He sets the code of conduct.

Warburton allowed Joey to be Joey for too long. His tolerance blew up in his face, almost literally.

I've edited most of the OP and kept in the unbelievable...

This isn't The Sun, The Mail or the Daily Rhebel or any other tabloid rhag who want to sell their bullshit!

IT'S F**KING BBC SCOTLAND!

Edited by Bearman

I've edited most of the OP's post and kept in the unbelievable...

This isn't The Sun, The Mail or the Daily Rhebel or any other tabloid rhag who want to sell their bullshit!

IT'S F**KING BBC SCOTLAND!

I think the 20K a week wage guess is the most common and sounds realistic. But I would agree that it comes across as verging on an anti Warburton rant. As for "he shouted and bawled at his manager in a way very few professional footballers would" who knows. I saw a video yesterday where Barton flat out said that he once challenged Mark Hughes to a fight in his office at QPR. That alone makes the shouting and bawling at the manager thing more believable.

My opinion is that talking to the manager in that manner if it happened is beyond the pale so you can imagine what I think of him challenging Mark Hughes to a fight. And that's not speculation. You can see him say it on the video at this link.

Overall, I think that Barton was worth the original punt.

It didn't work out, as punts often don't; but we deal with that fact, and we move on, because that is what we do.

The media styled "Barton Saga" represents the merest hint of a blip in the history of The Club.

Edited by Uilleam

Totally agree. With that season with Burnley under his belt, he seemed well worth a punt. I've said before that the signing of Gascoigne could have had a similar conclusion. You win some, you lose some. The club appears to have acted impeccably throughout and you have to say Barton has shown a fair bit of dignity himself. I just can't help thinking that he'll have difficulty finding a club after this. I wonder if he's just fed up with football and set to jack it in.

Some sort of transparency is needed - give an example of this happening at any other club in recent times?

Transparency? So you want the club to was their dirty laundry in public so that the haters can use it against us? You want the club to go public, giving Barton a greater bargaining position resulting in us having to pay him more?

I don 't see any advantage of transparency and I don't need to know what Barton specifically said or did.

If you have ever been involved in a complicated dismissal case then you would know that these things have to be handled delicately or else you end up paying a lot of money.

Nobody can say whether the club handled this perfectly or not but I've not seen anything that suggests that they didn't.