Barton - Contract Terminated

This is not a normal business. Clubs sign players to intice fans to invest in the product.

People bought season books expecting to see Joey Barton. They deserve to get some explanation as to what happened.

They don't need to know the ins and outs but the club could add some clarification. A small statement explaining why they felt the need to handle the situation as they have would suffice.

Clubs have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. Had they given clarification it MIGHT have seen the termination cost them more money - that would be a breach of their fiduciary responsibilities. Employment law is a treacherous road to follow, hence why you more often than not see very simple, vague and non-specific statements when dealing with terminations - and rightly so in my opinion.

Like it or not, fans buying season tickets are customers, nothing more. I don't like it either, but it is what it is. More of a connection to our vendor than most businesses but customers nonetheless, galling though that is to even say

" EXCLUSIVE: Rangers sponsors turn on Joey Barton after Ibrox departure.

RANGERS sponsors 32Red have stuck the boot into Joey Barton.

They are offering the first 100 fans who can prove they have binned his autobiography ‘No Nonsense’ a free £10 bet for Rangers' next home game against Dundee.

Some furious supporters believe Barton used joining the club as leverage to sell as many copies of his book as possible.

And 32Red have moved to make sure that Rangers fans aren’t left out of pocket by giving back the cost of the book in a free bet.

32Red spokesman Gerry Murray said: “#BartonBinned is our way of proving that whilst Mr Barton is happy to use the fans of this magnificent club to sell more copies of his book, we are committed to making them, along with all our customers feel like the big deal.

“Whilst we can’t expect to make a significant dent in Barton’s bulging pockets, we will at least be doing our bit to help Rangers fans get some revenge whilst making a bit of cash of their own.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/561181/Joey-Barton-Rangers-sponsors

Small minded gestures such as this are unnecessary, and unbecoming.

The line has been drawn under Barton's tenure, and Club, and supporters move on. Sponsors, suppliers etc, should do likewise.

Sadly, Joey left us little to remember.

I did.... mostly because I like biographical texts. Reading Iniestas right now... class person

Nothing to do with football I know

I am not sure if this is out in English yet Craig but a book called "Judas" has just been released in Holland and it is about how Willem Holleeder, the Heinekin kidnapper and well known top criminal, terrorised his familly for 30 years. In 2012 his sisters gained evidence by taping him admitting liquidations and extortion and probably got him locked up for life. That is basically what the book is about.

It Sounds a good read to me but as it was sold out within hours of being released I have not read it yet.

The Police could never get evidence on Holleeder as he had everyone liquidated that could hurt him, including his best friend\brother-in-law and side-kick in the Heinekin kidnap Cor van Houten. His sisters have had to go underground with police protection and only ever go out with bullet-proof vests and hats on He has sworn to have them Liquidated, and he normally keeps his promises.

Just a tip if it comes out in English which I am sure it will.

Sorry back to Barton.:)