Eng v Sco programme notes

What happened to us is almost identical to what happen d to Middlesborough 30 years ago when Steve GIbson bought a company called Blackplay, renamed it Middlesborough 1986.( or whatever) and transferred the assets to it. The FA transferred the membership & licence and the club continued.

The English fully understand this. The social underclass which inhabits our country can't ( or won't) accept this.

Anyway thanks Bearger for this.

The only downside I can see ( if you can call it that) is a that Wallace was one of the better Scotland players last night. He would do well in the EPL or Championship. He's been linked with English clubs before. I wouldn't be surprised if they rekindled their interest after last night.

The only downside I can see ( if you can call it that) is a that Wallace was one of the better Scotland players last night. He would do well in the EPL or Championship. He's been linked with English clubs before. I wouldn't be surprised if they rekindled their interest after last night.

I get the impression that he absolutely loves being a Ranger and takes the role of Captain incredibly seriously. He also has a young family so I can see him finishing his career with us. Not everyone sees the bright lights and big $$ signs as the right choice to make.

I get the impression that he absolutely loves being a Ranger and takes the role of Captain incredibly seriously. He also has a young family so I can see him finishing his career with us. Not everyone sees the bright lights and big $$ signs as the right choice to make.

Graeme Souness once commented that Davie Cooper could easily have made a switch to Italian football which was at the time the big money league but Davie never did. The reason for that is that Davie was one of those people who wasn't comfortable away from the environment and people he grew up with.

I heard Derek Johnstone comment about Davie after his death that when all the players would plan together what they were going to do after training like go into the City or whatever and plan nights out in the City that Davie though he wasn't an unsociable guy never joined them. Derek's exact words were "all Davie wanted to do was get back to Hamilton"

Lee Wallace may be a similar kind.

First Scotland start in six years may be Rangers captain Lee Wallace’s last

Written by Brian Fowlie, 13/11/2016

RANGERS captain Lee Wallace admits he’s uncertain about his future as a Scotland player.

He knows that keeping the left-back berth he occupied against England is going to be very difficult.

The 29-year-old accepts he was only picked to play at Wembley because of injuries to Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney.

Wallace believes they will be mainstays of the national squad for many years to come.

It has taken him seven years to collect his nine full caps and he accepts it won’t be easy to reach double figures.

Wallace said: “We were weaker as a squad without Andrew Robertson and Kieran Tierney.

“Even before the squad was announced, I said these guys are going to be the future in the left-back position for our country.

“I’ll be hungry to push them all the way if I’m picked in the future.

“But we all know their quality and that they’re going to go on to bigger and better things.

“These guys are top, top players.”

Scotland boss Gordon Strachan made special mention of Wallace’s performance against England in the wake of Friday’s night’s defeat.

That can maybe give him some hope of featuring for the country in another international.

Although vastly experienced, Wallace admits the years playing in the lower leagues with Rangers haven’t helped his career when it comes to performing at elite level.

That’s why Friday night’s game was his first Scotland start in six years.

His only previous competitive match came against Liechtenstein in September, 2010.

He admitted: “I’m really appreciative of those words from the manager.

“But I’m still gutted at the result against England.

“Even though I had eight caps, I had never played against the level of player England have, and we were playing with a new defence.

“It was a tough challenge, but I was determined not to use any of that as an excuse.

“I wanted to rise to the challenge, come in and do the best as I can.

“I could have maybe got a wee bit closer to Lallana for the header at their second goal and I’ll look at that.

“I will analyse my performance and learn from it.

“It’s so disappointing we didn’t give the Scotland supporters something to cheer about.

“But I believe there’s still hope in this qualifying campaign.

“We’re not going to be full of doom and gloom.

“There are four home games to come that are all winnable.

“We’re determined to move Scotland up the table.”

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/first-scotland-start-in-six-years-may-be-rangers-captain-lee-wallaces-last/