Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Rangers target to sign new Villa deal Rangers target Rushian Hepburn-Murphy is set to sign a new deal with current club Aston Villa. The 18-year-old had been linked with a move to Ibrox last month, but it seems Steve Bruce has managed to convince the player to commit his future to the Midlands club. (Birmingham News)

Sigh. I don't wish to be too judgmental here, but an 18-year-old with a double-barrelled surname from Aston Villa is not going to take us back to where we belong.

And now that I have posted this, watch as the bold Hepburn-Murphy becomes the next Wayne Rooney.

There is nothing wrong with MW and FMcP going after players they have worked with before and know can play the way MW wants; The players to have shown flashes of ability thus far have all come from this source.

Ali Crawford according to jellybeans on FF.

Cue a million cries of "not Rangers class".

Looked decent enough anytime he's faced us imho.

He is a good wee player, however not what we need IMO, not saying I wouldn't take him just don't see that as a priority!.

Ali Crawford according to jellybeans on FF.

Cue a million cries of "not Rangers class".

Looked decent enough anytime he's faced us imho.

Not sure he's what we need right now, but he's absolutely a good player and wouldn't harm to have him in the squad.